DROID + MBP Finding

bbianchi

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
If you lay your DROID at a 45 degree angle or so on top of where the HDD is in a MacBook Pro (I have the 17) it activates the magnetic contact and the phone thinks its in the desk dock. Could be cool/useful for some people.

travisFC

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
LOL - probably not a good thing to magnetize the magnets on your hard drive...unless of course you don't care about the data on your hard drive. This could wipe the data on your hard drive or cause some problems with the had drive.

bbianchi

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
highly doubtful. Especially since its a magnetic switch in the DROID and not a magnet. All thats happening is the HDD magnet is triggering the switch. Which there are two of BTW.

pmas

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
LOL - probably not a good thing to magnetize the magnets on your hard drive...unless of course you don't care about the data on your hard drive. This could wipe the data on your hard drive or cause some problems with the had drive.

lol..no it can't. Your cell phone being in proximity, or even on top of your laptop can not hurt your hard drive or wipe the data.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
No, it works without having to download anything.
I have the 15", and placing it over the HDD makes the car mode activate. Slightly less useful... but cool nonetheless!

toonyman

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
The switch for Multimedia mode is below the flash, the switch for car mode is right on the M on the battery door.

First post here. Refugee from Blackberry. Got the droid 2 days ago.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
First post here. Refugee from Blackberry. Got the droid 2 days ago.

Welcome. You're not alone. Used to sport an 8330 w/ hybrid OS custom made theme hacked to high heaven and a million apps. Its so refreshing to be "stock" and not voiding my warranty. This device just flat out rocks.

WELCOME!!! You're gonna love it here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts