Droid RAZR - Bluetooth randomly disconnects

DesertDJ

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Love my RAZR. Everything is working great. I do leave it on 3G most of the time to conserve battery and only go to 4LTE when I need data on the road.

So I bought a new Motorola H730 bluetooth headset. It paired instantly. It connected instantly (no PIN required) but it disconnects after 3-4 minutes. Doesn't matter if it's sitting idle or I'm in the middle of a call. It just disconnects. I call Moto Tech support and we paired and unpaired the headset several times and the Moto guy said it was a bad headset. So I return the Moto and pay another $50 for a Plantronics Voyager HD. Pairs instantly and connects no problem. However, same deal...it just disconnects from the Bluetooth after several minutes. So I have to go back into Bluetooth options and re-connect. I've tried stopping the display from timing out. I've checked to make sure there wasn't any battery saving feature that I was missing... So, I'm starting to get (a) annoyed and (b), thinking I've got a bad RAZR.

Anybody else experiencing this? Any know issues with Gingerbread and this?
:mad:

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never paired it with a headset but I pair it with my Ford Focus for 45 minutes to an hour twice a day and it has yet to drop the bluetooth connection.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to have any drops with four different devices...

2012 Acura RDX
Motorola S305
Motorola H17
Sony Vain F Series

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dbone88

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. RAZR and H730. Drops in the middle of my call. No problems with Bluetooth in the car though. Exchanged the headset and still the same problem.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any problems pairing the RAZR with the Smart Controller. Bluetooth connection has been solid.

prhlax

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Bose Bluetooth headset. It is aggravating, it will disconnect in the middle of a call for a few seconds then reconnect.

RodL

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Love my RAZR. Everything is working great. I do leave it on 3G most of the time to conserve battery and only go to 4LTE when I need data on the road.

So I bought a new Motorola H730 bluetooth headset. It paired instantly. It connected instantly (no PIN required) but it disconnects after 3-4 minutes. Doesn't matter if it's sitting idle or I'm in the middle of a call. It just disconnects. I call Moto Tech support and we paired and unpaired the headset several times and the Moto guy said it was a bad headset. So I return the Moto and pay another $50 for a Plantronics Voyager HD. Pairs instantly and connects no problem. However, same deal...it just disconnects from the Bluetooth after several minutes. So I have to go back into Bluetooth options and re-connect. I've tried stopping the display from timing out. I've checked to make sure there wasn't any battery saving feature that I was missing... So, I'm starting to get (a) annoyed and (b), thinking I've got a bad RAZR.

Anybody else experiencing this? Any know issues with Gingerbread and this?
:mad:
I have the same problem with my Razr. I have a Jabra Wave and a Voyager Pro+. The phone first only did it with the Jabra, I thought it was the headset. Now it started doing it with both of them. I do not think it is the headsets, I think it is a bug with the phone. When it disconnnects it automatically goes to speaker, all I have to do to reconnect is to touch speaker wait one second and turn Bluetooth back on. Then all is good, how ever it is very anoying.:confused:

tommysgyrl

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
stupid thing!

I've been connecting my phone to my car stereo for about 8 months now. I got a new RAZR about a month ago and just recently started having problems with the connection. (I had an Ally before the new phone, never had a single problem). About 2-3 days ago, my Bluetooth just stopped working. And when I looked at my stereo it said "pair". I go into my phones Bluetooth settings and it says paired but not connected, so I connect again and same thing happens, it quits after about 20 seconds. I tried unpairing and then pairing again (put in the password), and that has not helped the problem. I use my Bluetooth in my car everyday so you can imagine how frustrating this is.
So, you are not alone. It is happening to other people too and if you find a solution please don't do what so many other people do, and not repost an answer, let me know!!! And I'll do the same. Thanks!
Oh and if it helps at all, my stereo is a Dual 8100 (not the greatest but the reason I got it was because it streamed music!!)

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Same with my RAZR and Voyager HD, during a call it will switch back and forth between the bluetooth and speaker phone. I think it was the last update. Also bluetooth won't work with Skype after the update. Hopefully we will get an update to fix this soon !!

blueglacia

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I use Razr HD Maxx and used to have bluetooth disconnect problems during the calls. I tried everything I could think of, all in vein. Factory-reset solved the problem only for a while. Finally, I have found that some communication apps like Viber have the nasty habit of asserting itself every few minutes during non-Viber calls and reset both the bluetooth and speakerphone state to the default mode. This causes bluetooth to disconnect or turn off the speakerphone a few minutes into every non-Viber call. If you have an app like Viber, try either freezing it or uninstalling it. Uninstalling Viber was the only permanent solution to my bluetooth disconnect problems.