Droid Root Pro questions

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about what I can do with Droid Root Pro. I used it in the installation of Bugless Beast and SPrecovery.

I installed BB 7.5 but Titanium Backup will not work now. I was told I needed to re-install Busybox. I did this originally with DRP but I am not sure what will happen if I do it again? Can I mess up my phone by hitting those commands more than once?

Also, I see an option to backup your apps. Is this pretty good. Do you mount system first, then backup, then unmount? Titanium backup work out great to to restore some apps after a nandroid backup.

Thanks for any explanations...

juicem2

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I am with you. I have those same questions. I have droimod 1.0 installed but am tired of waiting for another rom. So, I installed droid root pro to look for bugless beast bacause I am not sure how to do it myself. But, some of the things it says that are require to install I think I have like busybox from the dm updater. So, in a nut shell I am really a clueless noob. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Mike

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
If you have a rom loaded already, you should be able load any rom you choose via a nandroid restore or a update.zip. If you wont to look at Pete's bugless beast, go over to Alldroid and look at the development forum for Motorola . . Droid .. and Pete. I am running his v 0.7 2.1 rom and I like it. There is a v 0.8 but I am happy with mine at the moment.

I just put the helix launcher on this morning from the market and I like it too. It is the best compromise to the 3d 2.1 app drawer I have found.

As for Droid Root Pro, all I use it for now is to reboot into recovery.

juicem2

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I want to try bugless beast. I have droidmod right now. With the droidmod there was a app to automatically root the Droid and install the rom. It actually started out as sholes in the market store and now is on droidmod.org for direct download from the phone. However, they haven't come out with a new rom in almost a month. I wanted to try something else anyway. I am not sure but do I have to download it to the computer and move it to the update.zip folder and than boot by holding the x and powerbutton with the phone off. Am I missing anything. Thanks again. Any help is greatly appreciated.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
When moving from one rom to another type, it would be best to wipe and load the rom via nandroid. If you see pete's thread, he has instructions on on to load the rom:

Nandroid Backup Installation Instructions:
-Update & backup any files you wish to restore, this will wipe /data
-Extract the files from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
-Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "nandroid" folder on your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery mode (hold the power and "x" button at the same time)
-Wipe data/factory reset (do this twice!)
-Wipe cache partition (do this twice!)
-Backup/Restore
-Advanced Nandroid Restore
-Choose backup (select the ROM)
-Perform Restore
-Enjoy!

There are some additional update.zip installs you can do depending on what else you want ... smoked glass theme or custom overclock kernal.

You would get into Sprecovery via a boot with the x held down or if you have droid root pro, you can hit the reboot into recovery in the app.

juicem2

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
OK thanks Ellis. I think I understand what you are saying. What would be the best way to backup apps etc. I didn't know I had to do a wipe out to factory reset.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Once rooted, you can use Titanium backup. When you wipe your phone, you will have to login to your gmail account when the phone boots for the first time. If you go to the market and look under the downloads, you will see everything you have installed .. paid and unpaid.

This is usually a good way to clean out some of the apps you don't need. Only thing I hate is having to re-create my home screens.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
i can't download the tools from droid root helper on my droid. i get an error content not supproted, download unsuccessful. HELP!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp