Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Not until the first gen Moto X for Verizon gets Lollipop, IMO.
That's going into Verizon lab test period next week. Hopefully that means all is good and the X gets it for the end of July.

By the time my Droid Maxx gets it I'll probably be upgrade-eligible (Aug 20 for me), I'm sorry to say...

skyboxer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
the colors make me want to scream. no way to change them.

More like nausea for me. I've hated the flattened bright colors ever since Google announced the material design standards.
It's an unpopular opinion, I know.
I do like the animations and the smoothness, and running nova launcher with custom icons helps with some of the comic book appearance. Except for the notification tray.
I like that textra lets me pick some of the colors. I wish those options were available for everything.

Posted via Android Central App

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Is it me, or is the battery life after the update incredible? Looks like the update did wonders for the battery. For the first time since I purchased the phone on launch day in late October, I think the Turbo rivals the Maxx in battery life.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Battery life could possibly be worse for the first few days since you'll probably be using it a lot more.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else notice horrendous lte speeds?

I did at first. It was about 1/10th what it normally is. Then it just fixed itself. I did absolutely nothing(not even a reboot) and now its actually a little faster then it was before. I don't know what caused it or fixed it but its great now.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
my thoughts so far...I love this update. Yes kitkat was fine but I am the type that loves having the most up to date version with all the newest features and themes. The only things I am not liking:

- I was really hoping to use manual camera which requires lollipop for its RAW capabilities, but I bought it and had to get the refund because our phone isnt supported.

Now the more serious ones

-its kind of annoying how they took away the power widget and made it so you cant one click enable GPS. I turn it on when I need it and off when I dont. So by clicking GPS on I have to go into the settings every time to turn on the low power GPS so it doesnt use the full GPS, kind of annoying because it takes more time than it should

-also I wish they kept the lock screen widgets. I used them for the widgets I need to get at quick like flashlight and google play music search. Again now it takes alot longer to access functions that should be quick.

Other than that I am loving lollipop! I just wish that you could enable the google account lock without having to refresh the whole phone. I dont want to have to wipe my phone to get that security feature as bad as I want it

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this was tested but I have to ask, so my turbo was at 10%, I plugged in my turbo charger and it didn't say "turbo charging" just charging. It seems to have given me a good charge to 50% in 20 min but yeah, if anyone else is under 20% let me know if you get "turbo charging" or not.

Posted via the Android Central App

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
the colors make me want to scream. no way to change them.

It is a bit garish, isn't it? Haven't done the update on Turbo but have had Lollipop on my Nexus 7(2013) for a couple of months. With the animations that occur with swipes was half expecting a "swhoosh" sound every time I swipe.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
my thoughts so far...I love this update. Yes kitkat was fine but I am the type that loves having the most up to date version with all the newest features and themes. The only things I am not liking:

- I was really hoping to use manual camera which requires lollipop for its RAW capabilities, but I bought it and had to get the refund because our phone isnt supported.

Now the more serious ones

-its kind of annoying how they took away the power widget and made it so you cant one click enable GPS. I turn it on when I need it and off when I dont. So by clicking GPS on I have to go into the settings every time to turn on the low power GPS so it doesnt use the full GPS, kind of annoying because it takes more time than it should

-also I wish they kept the lock screen widgets. I used them for the widgets I need to get at quick like flashlight and google play music search. Again now it takes alot longer to access functions that should be quick.

Other than that I am loving lollipop! I just wish that you could enable the google account lock without having to refresh the whole phone. I dont want to have to wipe my phone to get that security feature as bad as I want it

Download power toggles

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
tried that, I appreciate it though. Lollipop actually disabled the one click GPS switching. Any power toggle app you download will only enable full GPS and disable it. It wont provide a simple and quick way to switch to low power GPS.

Also something interesting I noticed about the battery stats,
each one now says the percent of what has drained that the app used.

For example my phone is at 90% battery right now
-google services 2%
-screen 1%
-android os 1%
-cell standby 1%
-google app 1%

kit kat and before would show the percentage of the 10% used, not the portion of the 10%

Last edited:

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So is anyone else getting the Google Hangouts crashed error (or similar) when it isn't even installed? I could reinstall and reinstall I guess but it is annoying. Of course it has quit working -- it isn't supposed to work by design!

I haven't gotten the nerve to factory reset yet knowing I'd have to redownload everything and reset my phone how I like it but I may have to as my keyboard issue still exists.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
My phone bricked with the lollipop update. I am typing this from my old Samsung Galaxy S3 in the parking lot of the Lafayette, LA Verizon store. They ordered me a warranty replacement phone that will be here Friday.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
my battery life seems better by a little.

And yes I forgot to mention from time to time I am getting a google hangouts has stopped working notification, even though it is disabled. Not a big deal bug but a big nonetheless

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver