DROID TURBO: Cases

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had my BL nylon 64gig in a cruzerlite for months...it fits just fine...??? Mine is the bugdroid circuit edition.

DRoID TuRBo this...

I purchased a black one and blue one, both have the bugdroid circuit design on the back. The side on each of them would not come up enough to properly cover the edges. I'd be they'd fit the thinner Kelvar version just fine, but definitely not my BL Turbo.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a black one and blue one, both have the bugdroid circuit design on the back. The side on each of them would not come up enough to properly cover the edges. I'd be they'd fit the thinner Kelvar version just fine, but definitely not my BL Turbo.

Are you sure you got one that's supposed to fit the BN? Some of the cases out there fit both, but for others, there are two sizes (and need to be). I had a Cimo X case that was not intended for the BN version and it didn't fit in the same way you describe your bugdroid not fitting. I now have one specifically made to fit the BN version and it fits fine.

I'll bet this is the problem.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Based on my experience and a couple reviews on Amazon, the Cruzerlite was not meant to fit the BL Turbo.

1Sides/edges not thick enough.
ByJon March 8, 2015
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
Too thin, edges do not hold up on sides of Droid Turbo with ballistic nylon. Returned.
CommentWas this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
Report abuse

2Two Stars
ByMatt Elon March 20, 2015
Color Name: ClearVerified Purchase
Doesn't fit the Ballistic Nylon version.
CommentWas this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
Report abuse

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Shame on me for not doing a better job of researching the product 1st.

Well, at this late date, most of those that don't fit the BN have that listed with the product title or in the description. It was very unclear when the phone was first released (everything looked like the bugdroid with no indication if it fit both or only the MG version). Some cases do fit both the MG and the BN versions, others, as you know, don't. They should have upodated their info by now.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I know you guys/gals will hate this but...I switched from my Tech21 and I have been using my Otterbox Defender (NFL teams edition) case for my Turbo. I wanted the Turbo for its speed, battery life, and 4k screen...not the looks. Since my company paid for my Turbo, I wanted to protect it, since I will be stopping the insurance in the next few months. The Defender built in screen protector is not the best, so I install my own and removed the stock protector on the Defender. I am used to Defender cases and battery cases so I don't my the extra weight and thick ness.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I think they only have one version albeit, in various colors & combo packs. Just go to Amazon & search:

"Cruzerlite Bug Droid Case for Droid Turbo"

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I think they only have one version albeit, in various colors & combo packs. Just go to Amazon & search:

I looked at Amazon ealrier and it does appear there is only one size. So, it's odd that there are different experiences with it. Maybe it's a QC issue.

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site

I looked at Amazon ealrier and it does appear there is only one size. So, it's odd that there are different expreriences with it. Maybe it's a QC issue.

Well, based on at least (2) reviews that I posted earlier, there are others claiming these did not fit on their BL either, so it's just not me. I've sent Cruzerlite an email via there website to see if I can get more information.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I understand all the fuss with buying a case Ballistic Nylon Turbo, you possible think that the backing will stain (difficult to clean) or possible snag on something. But..man..if I could do it all over again...I would choose the Nylon in the new Blue color! I would carry verizon insurance and run naked on that bad boy! The blue is bleeping SWEET looking!

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I understand all the fuss with buying a case Ballistic Nylon Turbo, you possible think that the backing will stain (difficult to clean) or possible snag on something. But..man..if I could do it all over again...I would choose the Nylon in the new Blue color! I would carry verizon insurance and run naked on that bad boy! The blue is bleeping SWEET looking!

The phone feels too slim in my large hands to carry naked.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have large hands too, that's why I don't mind the Otterbox Defender and battery cases for my devices. I handle my Turbo and my iPhone 6+ pretty easily with one hand as well. My point is only this...the BLUE Ballistic Nylon is too sharp and high quality looking to hide behind a cheap plastic case.

It's like finding that new beautiful HOT girlfriend...you want to take her out to show her off and make people envious... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I have large hands too, that's why I don't mind the Otterbox Defender and battery cases for my devices. I handle my Turbo and my iPhone 6+ pretty easily with one hand as well. My point is only this...the BLUE Ballistic Nylon is too sharp and high quality looking to hide behind a cheap plastic case.

It's like finding that new beautiful HOT girlfriend...you want to take her out to show her off and make people envious... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, it's a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110