DROID TURBO Pics

nawadley

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
This looks like the Moto X wearing a bulletproof vest. Dual flash, but no ring flash (doesn't really matter to me), and it's the same basic size as the MAXX next to it, only less boxy. The image of the front panel is blurry, but I can definitely see the sensors in the bottom corners like the X, so it will probably carry over the extra features we are seeing on the new X. If it has a substantial battery, this will be my next phone. If not, I'll opt for the X so I can use Moto Maker.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Very excited about this device. If it keeps the amazing battery life of the Maxx, but beefs up the screen and camera, this will be the best phone on the market. Just don't make the phone too big. 5.2" screen max.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If it keeps the amazing battery life of the Maxx, but beefs up the screen and camera, this will be the best phone on the market.

I bet you will see the same camera as the X. Hopefully I'm wrong. It may include OIS though which would be a plus.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Well they certainly couldn't make it any worse than the camera on the Maxx. It amazes me the difference when I've taken the same pic with an iPhone, my mom's Note and my phone.

Nexuspoint

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm very happy with my Note 3 but I'm also blown away by the rumored specs on the Turbo... I have a long history of owning Droids, from the X2 to the Bionic and the DNA. If the Turbo comes out with these specs and is a reasonable price I may be interested. I'm on the Edge program though and my new phone deal won't be for quite awhile but I could see paying full retail price for this thing... if rumors are true of course. We'll see. I look forward to reading the reviews, watching the videos on YouTube and hearing about it from all of you if you decide to get it.

:)

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have heard differing things about the battery for the Turbo. I've heard it'll be 3300 mAh, 3500 mAh, and "at least" 3500 mAh. Has anyone heard anything definitive? With the improved and slightly bigger screen, I would be very disappointed if the battery was smaller than the Maxx.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I think the screen resolution is kinda overkill for a 5.2" screen, but at long as the battery and processor allow it to last at least as long as my current Maxx I won't mind it.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm not thrilled about it being bigger than the new Moto X but I definitely need the bigger battery

ckeegan003

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, let's hope so. Now that I'm in phone stalking mode, it feels like I check all the sites for info 3-4 times a day, so waiting is like watching grass grow!

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm ok with the capacitive buttons but wish they would have chosen the new Android L buttons. (yes I realize it will not be launched with Android L but you can't change them once it is updated.)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm ok with the capacitive buttons but wish they would have chosen the new Android L buttons. (yes I realize it will not be launched with Android L but you can't change them once it is updated.)

Might be a toss up. On some updates, the 2013 DROID line retained the Jelly Bean blue UI elements.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping for on screen buttons. I'm still rocking a g'nex, didn't care fire the buttons st first, but now I really like them. In spite of that, I still think this may be my next phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

I've got a Droid Maxx and Moto X, and in certain instances I don't like the on screen buttons. For example, viewing pictures, the on screen buttons don't go away, causing part of the picture to be obscured. I don't get why they don't go away until you tap the screen, like with the menu bar. And for those saying it could've been a larger screen if they'd gone with on screen buttons, if they don't go away for something like this, then you actually have the same size or smaller screen.

However I do like having the buttons always be on the right side when rotating the phone. But it's definitely not a deal breaker for me if it has capacitive buttons.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not thrilled about it being bigger than the new Moto X but I definitely need the bigger battery

From the pics it appears to be roughly the same size as last year's Droid Maxx, which I believe is smaller that this year's Moto X. If anything from the looks of the pics it'll be the same-ish width and heighth of the 2013 Droid Maxx, but thicker with the edges sloped in more like last year's Moto X. If that's the case it should have a pretty good in the hand feel, like last year's Moto X.

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
What I'm saying is if they are on screen buttons, you can change the design with an update. If they are capacitive you cannot. Hoping they go with the new look rather than the old one cause it can't be changed.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
What I'm saying is if they are on screen buttons, you can change the design with an update. If they are capacitive you cannot. Hoping they go with the new look rather than the old one cause it can't be changed.

Pic shows old buttons.