Dropped my fascinate in my coffee ~ really ~ have a question

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I dropped my trusty SF into my coffee cuo this morning, long night at the firehouse and I wasn't paying attention. Anyways, it went in upside down so the top ports and ear piece were soaked, but neither if the little wet indication stickers were affected.

After letting it dry, I hace some sporadic issues including random reboots, no earpiece sound and some others. Called vzw and they are sending me a replacement. With the stickers intact and the device now dry, am I in the clear or will they open the thing up and see dry coffe residue in the top?

Thanks for the help

mikethemedic

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmm good question. They will probably see the residue. I dont however think they will give you much grief over it due to the wetness indicators not being activated.

Good luck on your new Fascinate!

lbrenes

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
dude, put the phone in uncooked rice, literally submerged in rice, for a day. Have the back off, so the rice can get inside the phone.

After a day, take out, put it back together and give it a try. If this doesn't save the phone nothing will, but most likely it will work. Your problem in this case is that you turned on the phone before doing the rice thing, so some circuits might have been unreversibly damaged.