Dual core, 2Ghz Sammy

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
All dual cores run at the same speed. ;)

tris, quads, six, octo, and even decas too.

I am kidding, I know you're just illustrating that they are not trying to market two single ghz chips as dual...

jokes aren't funny once you explain them and apologize.

evilhunter101

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

AkJ313

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
While 1.2 Ghz Exynos powered Galaxy
S II is waiting to reach markets,
Samsung is already working on a new
smartphone with 2 Ghz Exynos
processor. Apart from putting this 2
GHz processor in its own smartphone, company is planning to sell these, so we might see them in other
manufacturers? devices as well. According to a report in Duam, a high ranking Samsung official revealed that
company will release this smartphone
in 2012, but did not divulge other
detail about the phone. Smartphone are seeing more
hardware upgradation than other
computing device these days, we have
nVIDIA already working on Quad Core
processor, and Samsung might also
have plans for the same along with the 2 Ghz Exynos. But, do we really need
such powerful smartphone?
Personally I wouldn?t mind, but smartphones will not replace my laptop in the recent future.

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I think it was Samsung who said that we may well see quad core tablets and even phones by the end of the year. I can just imagine the speed and battery life (only one core need remain active when CPU demand is low, cutting the power footprint to 1/4 of "normal")!

Fun times!

Scott

ffastffrank

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Regarding battery, I would prefer a heavier one that could last a long day of usage. For 10 years, I have carried a smart phone in front pocket with screen facing inward with no damage ever. A pocketable tablet with phone functions would be my choice. Something like just a little smaller Flyer/View phone would be nice.

drekosh

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The battery technology already exists, it just is way too expensive to deploy. MIT already completed the design and build process, but I can't find the article that spoke about all that so here is a much older one. See Super Battery: Science Videos - Science News - ScienCentral.

The University of Illinois is doing similar research for cars now. New battery technology may allow for complete recharging within minutes

I know someone who's doctorate research was building batteries with bacteria in them to make a charge and continuously trickle charge the battery. If you were not using the battery it was being charged and if you were using it, it slowed how fast the battery would discharge.
There is a lot of development going on with the push for electric cars and mobile electronics.

Robbzilla

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
battery technology will always be behind the processor tech. no one wants to invest money into battery technology. it doesnt pay them anything. why not just have a hydrogen cell on it. just drop the phone into water to re fill it. i bet a lot of people would welcome that. haha

Water? Life, from the toilet?

It needs to run on Brawndo, 'cause Brawndo's got electrolytes!

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
if only researches could get some more life out of lithium batteries to go along side these crazy dual cores....one day.....

my thoughts about batteries is that they need to stop using the batteries now used and spin on over to a NIMH battery thats reworked for the phones..no battery memory, i've used the snot out of them and they always hold up on my guitar and they are at a constant level bacause if one goes down the whole ambeiance db's volumn changes and tones are shot.. i really dont know how well my thought will work.. but something needs done.. i went ahead and bought the larger battery for my sammy ,,yep thicker but coming from a LG VX8000.. fatness is no problem.

ads

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Battery technology

While you're correct about processors leading batteries, although some breakthroughs could reverse that for a short time, There is GOBS of cash being spent on battery technology, as in about 3-4 new labs in the last 3 years in the US alone. So, MANY people do want to, and ARE investing in battery technology.
Fuel cells would be nice, hopefully in my lifetime they'll be portable...
ADS
battery technology will always be behind the processor tech. no one wants to invest money into battery technology. it doesnt pay them anything. why not just have a hydrogen cell on it. just drop the phone into water to re fill it. i bet a lot of people would welcome that. haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiggerBoat1919