Dumping Note 7, Sell me on the 10

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I thought just I had a busted one. So i tried another one, same thing.

I asked some people who would know, and eventually got a long story filled with fussing and feuding, that ended up being T-Mobile not correctly identifying the network to the phone correctly in the areas they switched 2G into LTE yet. That will happen eventually, they just haven't got to it.

This is also why T-Mobile quietly stopped selling the HTC 10. A fully branded, filled with bloatware HTC phone will have the APN data needed to switch correctly. An unlocked model will use generic apn settings

Did some very minor googling and found this page:
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-25898

While my unlocked phone is on "fast.t-mobile.com" automatically, not all the setting in that automatic selection match up to the manual settings described on that page. Would manually creating the access point with those settings help in any way?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been meaning to go to an AT&T store and play around on one. I had the HTC M9 and I really liked it but came back to Samsung with the S6 and now S7 Edge. There are many things I miss about HTC and the 10 is a vast improvement over the M9. I loved the M9 but the camera was horrible unless the lighting was perfect and the screen just isn't anywhere near as nice. Touch Wiz is horrible though. I much prefer Sense. I'm the type that would just like to get a new phone every 6 months. LOL. It's just kind of expensive to roll like that.

OptimusTarzan

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Dumping Note 7, Sell me on the 10
This is the wrong place to ask this question. You'll get bias opinions on the HTC 10 vs Galaxy Note 7 since we you are on the HTC 10 forums. It's just a coincidence that the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 became a water proof hand grenade. Regardless, I'd never consider a Korean product no matter how good it supposedly is, nor an iPhone because I'm not a sheep. I can tell you that I was going to buy a HTC no matter what. I was holding out with my HTC M7 until the 10 came out. So it's the best phone for 2016 in my opinion but take my opinion for what it's worth.

Last edited:

chin chen

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
This is the wrong place to ask this question. You'll get bias opinions on the HTC 10 vs Galaxy Note 7 since we you are on the HTC 10 forums. It's just a coincidence that the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 became a water proof hand grenade. Regardless, I'd never consider a Korean product no matter how good it supposedly is, nor an iPhone because I'm not a sheep. I can tell you that I was going to buy a HTC no matter what. I was holding out with my HTC M7 until the 10 came out. So it's the best phone for 2016 in my opinion but take my opinion for what it's worth.

Why would you buy a Taiwanese product but not a Korean if i may ask?

OptimusTarzan

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Why would you buy a Taiwanese product but not a Korean if i may ask?

I like supporting my home country. But it's not just because of that. I truly believable HTC makes great phones. Also I've had some bad experiences with Korean products. Not saying there aren't some great Korean made things out there.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

I get that there will be some bias, but I want to hear from actual 10 users. Also picking up some comments from other Note 7 refugee's. Appreciate all the feedback around here. Back on my Note 5, now considering the 10, V20 and Pixel XL.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I like the 10 and it is a good all-around phone, but if you are coming from a Note 7, I would not even try to sell it to you. Why downgrade to a smaller phone with an inferior screen? Doesn't make sense. S7 Edge is where you should be, or to try something new, iPhone 7 Plus. And sure, V20 and Pixel XL might be fun too I guess. I personally don't like LG's UI (worse than touchwiz imo), and Pixel seems "meh" to me.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
No no. I came from a 6P. S7E and note 5, and out of all of them i choose the 10 as my favorite because its the most balancef phonr out of them all. Not fond of touchwiz, note 5 touchwiz was nice, now its ugly again imo, grace ux is okay. But the 10 is the complete package especially software, except i likr big screen phones, 5.5 is best for me but 5.2 i can deal with

PrestigeWorldWide91

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I get that there will be some bias, but I want to hear from actual 10 users. Also picking up some comments from other Note 7 refugee's. Appreciate all the feedback around here. Back on my Note 5, now considering the 10, V20 and Pixel XL.
I actually took my note 7 back this past Tuesday and got an HTC 10. I like it a lot. The screen size wasn't really a deal breaker for me because the phone fits very nicely in your hand and I can do ally use my phone one handed again. I will say that this is probably the fastest Android I've owned and I really enjoy how close it is to stock Android. No fancy overlays to slow your phone down. If you have any questions let me know.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I actually took my note 7 back this past Tuesday and got an HTC 10. I like it a lot. The screen size wasn't really a deal breaker for me because the phone fits very nicely in your hand and I can do ally use my phone one handed again. I will say that this is probably the fastest Android I've owned and I really enjoy how close it is to stock Android. No fancy overlays to slow your phone down. If you have any questions let me know.

Thank you for the input. How does battery life compare to the Note 7? What about the camera? Thanks much

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Even with the smaller battery it is on par with the Note 7. Doze works much better on the HTC 10 than the Note 7. I'm getting identical SOT from the 10 that I was from the Note 7. I've had it almost a week and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience. I am using the Google Now launcher and it's like using stock Android. The 10 is supposed to be getting Nougat this quarter which will make the experience even better because it will add multi-tasking.

PrestigeWorldWide91

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the input. How does battery life compare to the Note 7? What about the camera? Thanks much
I'll be honest, the camera is definitely not as good as the Note's. That camera was phenomenal for a smart phone though. The camera isn't bad, just big as good. For whatever reason I am actually getting longer battery life with my HTC 10, which was a nice surprise. Your mileage may vary though.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll be honest, the camera is definitely not as good as the Note's. That camera was phenomenal for a smart phone though. The camera isn't bad, just big as good. For whatever reason I am actually getting longer battery life with my HTC 10, which was a nice surprise. Your mileage may vary though.

I agree on the camera. I find its slow to focus compared to the Note 7(and even the OP3)
The battery I agree with as well, it's been much better than I expected and as good as the Note 7 for MY usage. I'm averaging 4.5 hours of SOT.
The 10 also doesn't lag like both Note 7s I had.

PrestigeWorldWide91

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I agree on the camera. I find its slow to focus compared to the Note 7(and even the OP3)
The battery I agree with as well, it's been much better than I expected and as good as the Note 7 for MY usage. I'm averaging 4.5 hours of SOT.
The 10 also doesn't lag like both Note 7s I had.
I agree. It's significantly faster than the Note.