Duplicate backlight reflections of S6 Edge's capacitive keys

Rohith K

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I got an S6 Edge Gold phone last week and noticed a weird duplication of backlight reflections of the capacitive keys.
There is an original light, and then there are two more reflections which is very weird. I can tell they are reflections because as I tilt the phone those two reflections change angles while the original light stays in its spot.
I searched everywhere and it seems like I am one of the few people with this issue as I can't find this topic on the internet.
The issue is also with the notification color lights. When ever it blinks I see two reflections (one above and one below). So it looks like a grain of rice instead of a small circle.

Please see the image below for a better understanding:
jr7h4l.jpg

My inspection of the device tells me that theres something wrong when the different layers of glasses were stacked.
I have looked at some other Edge phones and they don't have this issue.
I have also seen that when very bright light shines in all angles and when the phone is tilted (with screen turned off) and observed carefully I see diagonal lines on the entire screen with a space of about 5mm each. It is very hard to see them, and when I turn the screen on I can't see any flaw.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I got an S6 Edge Gold phone last week and noticed a weird duplication of backlight reflections of the capacitive keys.
There is an original light, and then there are two more reflections which is very weird. I can tell they are reflections because as I tilt the phone those two reflections change angles while the original light stays in its spot.
I searched everywhere and it seems like I am one of the few people with this issue as I can't find this topic on the internet.
The issue is also with the notification color lights. When ever it blinks I see two reflections (one above and one below). So it looks like a grain of rice instead of a small circle.

Please see the image below for a better understanding:
http://oi58.tinypic.com/jr7h4l.jpg

My inspection of the device tells me that theres something wrong when the different layers of glasses were stacked.
I have looked at some other Edge phones and they don't have this issue.
I have also seen that when very bright light shines in all angles and when the phone is tilted (with screen turned off) and observed carefully I see diagonal lines on the entire screen with a space of about 5mm each. It is very hard to see them, and when I turn the screen on I can't see any flaw.

That should be covered under warranty for replacement. Have you checked other gold Edge devices. It has almost a mirror effect that could be causing the reflections. The black and white ones I've seen don't have such a reflective look to them

Rohith K

May 6, 2015
Visit site
That should be covered under warranty for replacement. Have you checked other gold Edge devices. It has almost a mirror effect that could be causing the reflections. The black and white ones I've seen don't have such a reflective look to them

I checked other black s6 edge but not gold. No one at my work place have the gold edge yet and its tricky trying to find it in stores also as it released in Canada less than a week ago with thousands of people in digital queues.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I checked other black s6 edge but not gold. No one at my work place have the gold edge yet and its tricky trying to find it in stores also as it released in Canada less than a week ago with thousands of people in digital queues.

I've not seen a gold one in person yet. Just from the pics I've seen of them it seems that the finish might cause reflective issues.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a gold s6 edge also and I can see the reflections you are talking about, the lines you mentioned however I do not see. I kind of thought it was a cool looking effect cause it just seems like the light is reflecting off the gold/platinum color and gives it a bit of an extra that seems nice.

Rohith K

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Nice ... you are looking at the reflection from a positive perspective.
It doesn't annoy me enough that I would want to replace the phone, and no one else but me is noticing it when I show the phone to others. So I will just live with it.

Another thing I forgot to mention is when you open a bright white page and click maximum brightness in a dark room and you see this phone leaking light from all direction of the bezel worse than a home theater projector. lol. I don't mind it though as its not noticeable in day light.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It's definitely unique to the gold S6 and likely not considered a flaw. Some light is just reflecting off the glass and back onto the mirrored gold finish.

Posted via the Android Central App

morteza5ghorbani

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I purchased an s6 edge gold platinum last week and I have faced the same problem with the capacitive buttons mirroring, even when i turn the screen brightness to full I can see the LCD for like 2mm line trough from down of the screen. I don´t know if its a PROBLEM or just I have to live with it, Please give me so advice if I should return it to service or if I have to change the color or live with it??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza