duplicate texts and two sounds!

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I have handcent as my messaging app - have always used it and never had much problem with it. now all of a sudden i'm getting duplicate texts and two different sound notifications! annoying and have been messing with this phone all morning trying to eliminate one of the sounds!
I have gone into stock messaging app and removed "notifications" so as not to receive any sounds, but it isn't working. Any other suggestions???

thanks!

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have handcent as my messaging app - have always used it and never had much problem with it. now all of a sudden i'm getting duplicate texts and two different sound notifications! annoying and have been messing with this phone all morning trying to eliminate one of the sounds!
I have gone into stock messaging app and removed "notifications" so as not to receive any sounds, but it isn't working. Any other suggestions???

thanks!
I don't know about the sound issue, but try replying to the duplicating text and see if that will stop it. It was happening to my husband, started on Saturday, and once he replied to the text it stopped. It also happened on another text, and once he replied to it, it stopped sending.

I'm thinking that Sprint is having some issues due to the hurricane, probably overloaded their system. Hopefully things will start getting back to normal.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Have you restarted your phone? Mine did this at first after installing Handcent, but it has stopped. I have restarted my phone several times (including a battery pull); not all due to Handcent, just messing with the phone, and it what you speak of has stopped for me.

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you restarted your phone? Mine did this at first after installing Handcent, but it has stopped. I have restarted my phone several times (including a battery pull); not all due to Handcent, just messing with the phone, and it what you speak of has stopped for me.
yes, tried all that, can't get it to stop giving me two notification sounds! i went into the stock app - and disabled, but i still get two sounds....frustrating!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ygolonac