E-mail Deletion

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, a couple months back I asked about e-mail deletion and deleting a mass of e-mails from your inbox without having to either open each one and deleting or checking off each one. Additionally, once deleted from your inbox, you then have to delete them from your trash folder. Very frustrated. Has anyone figured out a better way? Other than buying an app program. I would like to stay with the basic programming that came with the phone. Thanks.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
This is just how gmail works. You delete it, it goes to the trash bin and then you have to empty it. Its how its been since day 1 the service launched.

queueman

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Empty Trash

Hi all, a couple months back I asked about e-mail deletion and deleting a mass of e-mails from your inbox without having to either open each one and deleting or checking off each one. Additionally, once deleted from your inbox, you then have to delete them from your trash folder. Very frustrated. Has anyone figured out a better way? Other than buying an app program. I would like to stay with the basic programming that came with the phone. Thanks.
What about the "empty trash" function for Yahoo mail on the Droid? I don't see that as an option. When I delete messages, they go into the trash folder, but it seems the only way to get rid of them from there is to delete each one individually. I must have an option set wrong. On my Palm Centro, I could just use the "empty trash" function.

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Looking for the same thing on Comcast mail. It's a real PITA to have to do it with individual mails, especially since I have >2000 in my "Deleted" box

Any help greatly appreciated

-- VF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones