e-sim for regular phone switchers?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I am a regular phone switcher in that I always have a droid (sometimes 2) and an iPhone and will switch between them. I only use one at a time and only have one sim card. To date the biggest hassle with this has been whatsapp device registration but more recently whatsapp seems to be more relaxed about it so it is not a big deal, so I just pop my sim in the other phone and off I go.

I am starting to wonder just how much of a pain e-sim is going to be for me? How will it work for regular switching between phones? how difficult will it be and will they monitor and clamp down on people that do it on a regular basis?

The thing is if there was a way to link sims/numbers for things like whatsapp and phone calls I'd happily have 2 sims, but alas in 2022 this is still not a thing.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Other folks have already been trying it here on the forums, the general consensus is that it's a pain compared to just swapping a SIM card and going. I would avoid an ESIM only phone if you're a regular swapper.. I think it's only going to get more difficult over time :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87