E980 AT&T software update

OldNorseBruin

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the EXACT SAME problem now as you...I have the LG OPTIMUS G Pro running on T-Mobile, but can NOT get updates...Have you solved the problem? If so, how?
Thank you for ANY help!

kbellamia

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Need help my g pro is unlocked and on tmobile, everytime I try and connect to server to update it says device not registered is this because it not on ATT and wont be able to get any updates unless im on ATT, im on the per paid plan with tmobile so any advice would be of great help. :-\

I had the same issue with my e980 unlocked phone and tmobile told me that if you have a UNLOCKED phone you can't upgrade the software. I couldn't use the hotspot either so what I did I rooted the phone myself (which was a pain in the but) and now I at least able to share my hotspot data with other divices since I have free hotspot data from tmobile included in my plan. Now, I have to figure out how to update the software, it's my understanding that that's one more plus when you root your phone, you can update before everyone does...I'll see how that goes. I hope my answer help you, good luck.

Kel Shoop

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I even went into the AT&T store. They had no clue and spent an hour trying to figure it out. Even though the phone has a registered IMEI number it shows as 0. They even switched out the sim. Same issue. Told me to go to LG support and use the PC Suite tool and I could force the update. Downloaded everything but the LG software doesn't list the E980 as an option and won't recognize it. Great phone, but AT&T didn't carry them that long. Only thing I can think of is since is was offered for such a sort time, it fell through the cracks and no one made or kept up with support for it. Driving me crazy. Rooting make the phone to glitchy, not worth it. Wish we could find an answer.