Early S6 users, how's your battery life?

Larsbjoernar

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
SOT

Posted via the Android Central App
OK. Seems to be a very good batterytime on your device. I also have a smartwatch, but it is a Moto 360. On my S6 my screen time averges at about 3-4 hours, and with a total time of about 10-14 hours. Have all connections on at all time, and facebook, twitter, instagram snapchat and two mail accounts on sync. Guess I can't expect more than that. But coming from a Z3 Compact is hard battery wise😉🙊

Sent fra min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
OK. Seems to be a very good batterytime on your device. I also have a smartwatch, but it is a Moto 360. On my S6 my screen time averges at about 3-4 hours, and with a total time of about 10-14 hours. Have all connections on at all time, and facebook, twitter, instagram snapchat and two mail accounts on sync. Guess I can't expect more than that. But coming from a Z3 Compact is hard battery wise????????????

yep can't ask much from a battery with a fixed volume that is kind of small. On the smartwatch front I don't count any of the android smartwatches or even the apple watch as smart because they can't function on their own without a phone. Without a phone most smartwatches are limited to not much use, my gear S is indispensable as it can function with or without a phone once setup.

Larsbjoernar

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
yep can't ask much from a battery with a fixed volume that is kind of small. On the smartwatch front I don't count any of the android smartwatches or even the apple watch as smart because they can't function on their own without a phone. Without a phone most smartwatches are limited to not much use, my gear S is indispensable as it can function with or without a phone once setup.
I can se what you mean about the watch. But I like the Moto 360 because of it's style and not function alone. And i bought it while I still had the Sony, and Gear S can't be used with other phones than Samsung I think?

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I can se what you mean about the watch. But I like the Moto 360 because of it's style and not function alone. And i bought it while I still had the Sony, and Gear S can't be used with other phones than Samsung I think?

yep the one thing that could have changed how this whole smartwatch race has progressed. If the Gear S would have worked with more that just Samsung phones it would have set the baseline standard on what a smartwatch is suppose to be like. But most manufacturers would have made sure for it not to work right on their phones and thats why they decided to not even try.

Larsbjoernar

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
yep the one thing that could have changed how this whole smartwatch race has progressed. If the Gear S would have worked with more that just Samsung phones it would have set the baseline standard on what a smartwatch is suppose to be like. But most manufacturers would have made sure for it not to work right on their phones and thats why they decided to not even try.
BTW, are you on 5.1.1 on your s6? If yes, would you say it's better or worse than the 5.0.2?

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
BTW, are you on 5.1.1 on your s6? If yes, would you say it's better or worse than the 5.0.2?

Yep I'm on 5.1.1 with stagefright update. I would say that the 5.1.1 is better for my device, at least for my non carrier branded model. I had the actual at&t S6 and S6 edge and they were terrible on battery life no matter what. I refuse to buy carrier branded phones from here on out will only purchase full unlocked non carrier branded phones.

Last edited:

Larsbjoernar

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Yep I'm on 5.1.1 with stagefright update. I would say that the 5.1.1 is better for my device, at least for my non carrier branded model. I had the actual at&t S6 and S6 edge and they were terrible on battery life no matter what. I refuse to buy carrier branded phones from here on outabs will only purchase full unlocked non carrier branded phones.

OK. I'm on a non-carrier model also. I think my device was better off with the 5.0.2 it came with. Had to delete all things and go back to basics and start all over again. Now after I few days of use I think it's OK, but nothing more than that. At least I have a device that is not suffering from a lot of drain when not in use. Mine goes down about 5-8% in a night off charger.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
OK. I'm on a non-carrier model also. I think my device was better off with the 5.0.2 it came with. Had to delete all things and go back to basics and start all over again. Now after I few days of use I think it's OK, but nothing more than that. At least I have a device that is not suffering from a lot of drain when not in use. Mine goes down about 5-8% in a night off charger.

I don't know about mine because once I got it I used odin to flash it to a 5.1.1 so I didn't use it on 5.0.2 that long. My standby time is phenomenal as I take it off at 100% before I sleep and it's at 98% eight hours later when i wake up. Both of the ones on At&t I had even after disabling everything and following several guides here from on android central they just couldn't cut it. Only one that I got that acted great is the S6 Active I have for work. I got such a great deal on this S6 Duos I couldn't pass it up though even after the regular and edge treated me so bad. But this international Duos blew my mind when the first charge actually lasted me 2 days before I had to charge it.

For the S6 to show such great disparity in battery life makes it so bad as there is no consistency among the phones. I trace this as not a Samsung problem but most likely a Google problem as Lollipop is a dog. Google is trying to make it a feature race with Apple and doesn't realize they should have been fine tuning and getting the user experience/stability correct before sporadically jumping from new features to new features.

It's not that these phones aren't powerful enough it's the fact they have to push the specs this far to cover for Google's sloppiness in getting stability and user experience right. Google's problem is Apple's strength...which is the use of K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple, Stupid).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe