early termination due to lack of OTA.

kaosaeteurn

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Are we allowed to get out of our 2 year contract with verizon since the galaxy nexus is lacking updates to fix any problems such as the microphone? i was having an important call and all of a sudden the other person couldnt hear me anymore. drop calls, lost connections, data connection etc..

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
They might offer you a new or different phone but no way they release your contract without paying the early termination fee.

This post courtesy of Tapatalk2

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
No, since its not a widespread problem and nowhere do they promise you updates. They may offer you a different phone if you go through so many Nexus... but why don't you skip that and just sell it online or trade for a different phone through other sources.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
OMG This is the funniest post I've ever seen in my life!!!! lmao I almost passed out when I read it. OMG and the dropped call part is funny. Not because you call got dropped in an important phone call, but that you think the other person wouldn't understand that considering every person in this country(world) that has been using cell phones have had a dropped call at some point. And even funnier the rational responses lmao.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
OMG This is the funniest post I've ever seen in my life!!!! lmao I almost passed out when I read it. OMG and the dropped call part is funny. Not because you call got dropped in an important phone call, but that you think the other person wouldn't understand that considering every person in this country(world) that has been using cell phones have had a dropped call at some point. And even funnier the rational responses lmao.

Is this what these forums have degraded into? If you're not going to be helpful, why bother posting?

To the op, I believe your best route is going for another phone. That will probably be my plan if the new update doesn't fix my issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree, this is not how we treat a member asking a simple question. Especially a new member on top of it, and I say this not just because I'm a moderator but on the grounds of just being polite regardless of the question.

@OP... The other responses are valid. Talk to Verizon maybe they will swap out for a new GNex and it will resolve some or all the of the issues.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Agreed on most of these comments. If you are having an issue with one phone, they will not let you out of your contract without an ETF. Replace the phone or work out something to trade it in for a different model. I had Sprint years ago. I could not get a signal in my house or the apartment I moved to. I had to basically go outside to hold onto a call. I talked to them and not only would they not let me out of my contract, they wouldn't let me swap phones either. Their customer service was horrific. They will do all they can to keep you paying your contract or the ETF.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Agreed on most of these comments. If you are having an issue with one phone, they will not let you out of your contract without an ETF. Replace the phone or work out something to trade it in for a different model. I had Sprint years ago. I could not get a signal in my house or the apartment I moved to. I had to basically go outside to hold onto a call. I talked to them and not only would they not let me out of my contract, they wouldn't let me swap phones either. Their customer service was horrific. They will do all they can to keep you paying your contract or the ETF.

Now sprint just gives out those horrible airave things...

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk 2

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If your phone isn't functioning as a phone they should absolutely either fix or replace it until it works. Probably not a contract ending reason but they should switch your phones to another model if you keep getting drops with the GNex.

Once you start bringing up, why you're paying for service tour not getting then they start to listen.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Now sprint just gives out those horrible airave things...

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk 2

They gave me one... worked like a champ. They couldn't fix my signal issues everywhere outside of my house. Paid my etf and joined Verizon and have had great service since. Sprints losing contracts with towers making their service worse. They don't own any towers anymore so they have only contracts to their name right now. I wish the op good luck, but there isn't a company that can compete with Verizon on a national level for service.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

Not cool.

Yung_Dilla

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah op they wont let you out of contract but i would get another gnex i had the same issue with losing all sound on calls to pressing keys to listening to music. Even the speaker phone goes out. I got a replacement that solved the sound issues but for everything else im stuck playing the waiting game with a update.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Your contract is a service contract where the phone itself is incidental to the primary purpose of the contract--connecting to a network, having a phone number, etc. etc.

Exercise your rights and try to get a new one via your Warranty. Otherwise, the short answer is probably "no."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas