My first impressions of the Essential phone with Android 9 / Pie

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I have noticed that battery life is a little worse on Pie.

Have you done a factory reset? I did a full back up, factory reset and copied the files so I kept pretty much everything.

I'm getting amazing battery life so far after the reset. I did try Pie for about 2-4 days and within half a day, I lost 50% with minimal usage. It was bad. After the reset, I can go a whole day and still have 60-65% left.

Just wanted to give you a little input on my end..

Slipthejab

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Have you done a factory reset? I did a full back up, factory reset and copied the files so I kept pretty much everything.

I'm getting amazing battery life so far after the reset. I did try Pie for about 2-4 days and within half a day, I lost 50% with minimal usage. It was bad. After the reset, I can go a whole day and still have 60-65% left.

Just wanted to give you a little input on my end..

No I didn't do a factory reset. Just a straight upgrade the day pie came out.
May spend the rest doing a factory reset after a back up.

Cheers :)

lever2000

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Going from a LG g5 running 7.0 to this essential running 9.0 what a great phone it runs so smooth. A steal of a price for 223. Don't really mind the notch at all, but love the bigger screen.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Going from a LG g5 running 7.0 to this essential running 9.0 what a great phone it runs so smooth. A steal of a price for 223. Don't really mind the notch at all, but love the bigger screen.

And what's amazing about this phone, it doesn't feel as though you're holding a heavy, large blob in your hand. Screen size is amazing considering the overall footprint of the Essential.

anon(123479)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just received my Essential phone today and Android 9 was ready for me to update. I really like this phone. It's fluid fast and plenty of storage.
it's gonna take some time to get use to the navigation of Android 9.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Just received my Essential phone today and Android 9 was ready for me to update. I really like this phone. It's fluid fast and plenty of storage.
it's gonna take some time to get use to the navigation of Android 9.

Yes it will take a little while to navigate through Android 9 but you'll love it. If you experience any battery issues (fast drain) may I suggest a factory reset and reload. The phone performed way better after a reset. Thx

Gweeper64

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I also got the $224 deal a few weeks back. Completely happy. This is replacing my ZTE Axon 7 mini that I have had for about 20 months (only paid $199 for that one) which hasn't had any patches or system updates in a year. That one is still a good phone but a) no updates and b) $224 for the PH-1 was too good to let pass for a device getting regular updates. The ZTE will be my media device (great DAC and front facing speakers) and backup phone.

xtimetraveler

Sep 6, 2018
Visit site
Is there any difference between the Amazon version of the Essential, and the regular version? I am thinking back to the Amazon Fire phone which had its own odd way of doing things.
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12