Early upgrade maybe???

jdubbletrouble

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It is possible still to call sprint and buy out the rest of your contract (for me $45) if u really dont want to wait

i decided to chat up the sprint reps online today and this last convo went like this ( u dont have to read it ill explain at the bottom):

Aaron C: Hi.
Aaron C: I would be glad to assist you with it.
Aaron C: Let's move this chat and make it a window of its own. It will enable you to view other Web pages while we chat.

Simply click the white Yes button below now.
Aaron C: Thanks for moving the chat window.
Aaron C: I am happy to help you. Please hold a moment while I access your account.
Aaron C: Thanks for your time.
Aaron C: I have checked the information for you.
Aaron C: Your phone line will be eligible for the next upgrade on 1st of July, 2012
Aaron C: So you can get any phone at online price from 1st of July, 2012
You: just make it sooner for me
You: come on i know u can ppl do it all the time
Aaron C: I am sorry it is not possible to provide a line upgrade before its actual date.
Aaron C: There was an early upgrade promotion running through our Company owned Sprint Store, which ended on 14th of April.
You: what a rip off
You: just 2 days b4 u announce a new device
You: whats my etf?
Aaron C: I understand this for you.
Aaron C: But you need not to worry at all.
Aaron C: I have an option for you.
Aaron C: I can arrange a call back from our Account Services.
Aaron C: They will review your account and give you a call and will resolve the issue upto your satisfaction.
Aaron C: Also for your help I will put a supportive and detail note on the account.
Aaron C: So that when they contact you they will have complete reference of your case and will be glad to assist you with the best possible option.
You: OK i hope so
You: When will this call take place
Aaron C: Be assured, by reffering the account note put by me, they will be glad to assist you with the best available option that will resolve the issue upto your satisfaction.
Aaron C: They generally call within 24 hours.
Aaron C: But in your case on the urgent basis, I will arrange the call back within 2 hours.
You: ok thank you
Aaron C: You are most welcome.
Aaron C: Please let me know the best number so that they can contact you and resolve the issue for you.
You: 304*******
Aaron C: Thanks a lot.
Aaron C: Thanks for waiting.
Aaron C: I have arranged a call back for you on the urgent basis.
Aaron C: And will assist you with the best possible option that will resolve the issue for you.
Aaron C: And I have already put the best note on the account.
Aaron C: generally we do not put supportive note on the account.
Aaron C: But only for you, I have gone beyond my limitations and put the detailed and supportive note on the account.
Aaron C: So that they will have complete reference of your case and will be glad to assist you with the best available option.
Aaron C: We really appreciate your patience, support and cooperation in this regard.
You: thank u
Aaron C: Actually I should thank you for being so kind and generous.
Aaron C: It's been pleasure assisting you.
Aaron C: And trust me your issue will be resolved upto your satisfaction.
Aaron C: Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with?
Aaron C: I know your time is valuable and I would like to assist you in resolving any questions you have. Would you like to continue chatting with me today?
You: yes
Aaron C: Ok.
Aaron C: Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with?

So if u didnt read all that basically im waiting on a call from sprint to see if they will bump up my upgrade sooner or what it is the rep was saying they would do to try and resolove my "issue" which is just my being too impatient to wait until july and using the phrase "whats my etf?". im sure some of you are saying just get the evo lte or just wait for SGS3, but right now thats hard i broke my og epic for a 3rd time and instead of paying the $100 deductible i found a palm pixi yea thats right a palm on amazon for 35 bucks and im dying to get back to android i almost opened a 2nd line and bought another device but im trying to be patient. but i cant take anymore im trying to hustle them out of an early upgrade

Last edited:

jdubbletrouble

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
yea the rep said that ended the 14th thats when i said "whats my etf?" but i have yet to get that call so ill keep checking and see if something happens

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Here is the info:

Sprint to Offer Early Upgrade Buyout Program » Sprintfeed

I got it for me. Review with Account Services. The fee will be on your next bill. Takes 24-48 hours and your upgrade will show up at Sprint.com

Mav. :cool:

This same thing happened for me. I told them I wasn't happy about hearing what others got when they only offered to push my upgrade to may 18th. Persistence is what paid off for me. All set for release day now!

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I had no idea about this buyout option. I called in to cancel one of my lines and the rep offered it to me. He said that $115 would be on my next month's bill. I was like cool, and that's a lot cheaper than paying $350 etf.

Anyways, within 30 minutes my upgrade was placed on the line and I pre ordered the GN :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

jdubbletrouble

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
yea i just found this out after the chat reps continued to tell me that the program was no more i decided to call and complain about it trying to get a free upgrade but instead settled for the 45 extra bucks on my bill and with this in place i plan on waiting a few days after launch of the nexus to see if wirefly or bestbuy will offer cheaper price but definitley getting one

Capt.Cha

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I work in a Sprint store and want to clarify the exact method to this.

What's going on is called a "Buy-up" and the exact price of it is your ETF-$5. To get one, just call up the Account Services department at 1-877-775-4886 and tell them you would like an upgrade and that if you aren't given one, you will port out. That is the important part, you need to present yourself as an "At risk" customer, meaning you are a customer who we are possibly going to lose. In most situations when you are at least a year into your contract, they will make you the buy-up offer. I wouldn't bother trying to get it reduced because I have NEVER gotten the company to lower that number and I have called and had this done for A LOT of people. But there you have it, just follow those steps and you should be good to go.

Reactions: Chuckl

rwong48

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
ETF-$5? I'd rather port out for $10, pay ETF, port back in and get Sprint's $125 port-in credit.

It also lets me get new customer pricing on a phone, as opposed to upgrade pricing.
Alternatively, you could add a new line with your existing phone and be upgrade-eligible immediately.

Not a viable route for most people and it takes a bit of work, but the trouble is comparable to getting a buy-out.

Just throwing it out there. I do it all the time, except without the ETF. ;)

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
ETF-$5? I'd rather port out for $10, pay ETF, port back in and get Sprint's $125 port-in credit.

It also lets me get new customer pricing on a phone, as opposed to upgrade pricing.
Alternatively, you could add a new line with your existing phone and be upgrade-eligible immediately.

Not a viable route for most people and it takes a bit of work, but the trouble is comparable to getting a buy-out.

Just throwing it out there. I do it all the time, except without the ETF. ;)

I don't get the add a line suggestion. How does that not add to your bill each month? Wouldn't that cost you $10 per month more, so $120/yr? Or more?

What am I missing here?

Chuckl

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, worked great. My Evo 4g is hurting.

Can't wait to upgrade.

Hey guys, I work in a Sprint store and want to clarify the exact method to this.

What's going on is called a "Buy-up" and the exact price of it is your ETF-$5. To get one, just call up the Account Services department at 1-877-775-4886 and tell them you would like an upgrade and that if you aren't given one, you will port out. That is the important part, you need to present yourself as an "At risk" customer, meaning you are a customer who we are possibly going to lose. In most situations when you are at least a year into your contract, they will make you the buy-up offer. I wouldn't bother trying to get it reduced because I have NEVER gotten the company to lower that number and I have called and had this done for A LOT of people. But there you have it, just follow those steps and you should be good to go.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tapiwanashe