Easiest Way to Sync Outlook Calendar with Phone

hawgs911

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,

For some reason my email syncs without issue but my calendar wont. On my iphone i could just plug it into itunes and it would sync the calendar. Is there an easy way to do this with android?

Thanks!

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
You have to go into the calendar app settings (stock or otherwise). Then select "calendars to display," in there you should see your exchange account (among others if you have any associated with any apps or your Google account).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

I have already done that but still nothing shows up on my calendar

On the bottom of the "calendars to display" dialog screen there is a button that says "calendars to sync." Have you checked there to make sure all the relevant calendars are selected?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Outlook sync will work unless you are connecting to an Exchange server. Unlike the iPhone, you cannot simply connect to a local copy of Outlook running on your PC.

If this is your situation, this might be a good time to move your calendar over to your Gmail account...

[edit]

PS: What version of Windows or MacOS are you running on your PC?

kgjulie

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you are not using Exchange?

I also use the free Google Calendar Sync, which has now been discontinued, but works pretty well. Google Sync is a different product and is still available to set up for new devices until January 30, 2013, when it becomes available only to paid Google App users.

I have heard good things about GSyncIt, which is not free, but does offer a free trial and seems to have good support, from what I've heard.

If your email is hotmail or outlook.com, you can set that up as an Exchange account on your phone and your hotmail/outlook.com calendar will sync. You can then set up your local Outlook (on your PC) as the client for retrieving hotmail/outlook.com email, calendar and contacts, and set your local Outlook to display your hotmail/outlook.com calendar. It's cumbersome but should work. If you search the Microsoft website, it gives setup instructions.

deichenlaub

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I found My Phone Explorer while looking for a way to sync Outlook contacts with my phone. It has an option to sync the calendar. I've never tried syncing the calendar, but the contact sync works great. Here's the page. I use Chrome and let Google translate the German web page for me. The software itself has a decent English menu. FJ Software Development

hawgs911

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you are not using Exchange?

I also use the free Google Calendar Sync, which has now been discontinued, but works pretty well. Google Sync is a different product and is still available to set up for new devices until January 30, 2013, when it becomes available only to paid Google App users.

I have heard good things about GSyncIt, which is not free, but does offer a free trial and seems to have good support, from what I've heard.

If your email is hotmail or outlook.com, you can set that up as an Exchange account on your phone and your hotmail/outlook.com calendar will sync. You can then set up your local Outlook (on your PC) as the client for retrieving hotmail/outlook.com email, calendar and contacts, and set your local Outlook to display your hotmail/outlook.com calendar. It's cumbersome but should work. If you search the Microsoft website, it gives setup instructions.

Thanks for all the help. I am using exchange. This is actually my work (corporate) email that I am trying to sync. Someone on another forum pointed me towards a program called android-sync which appears to be working well (trial version). It syncs using a USB which is better than nothing. But it also costs $30 :(

Android-Sync | Sync Android with Outlook via USB

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I also use Google Calendar Sync and it's worked fine but I'm a bit concerned that it will suddenly stop working one day if not supported any more. The only other option is to add the web link for my Google calendars to Outlook but I'll only be able to view them.

Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am thoroughly confused. If you are connecting to an Exchange server, you should not be required to sync over USB at all - this should all happen over the air.

Can you describe your setup for us?

Do you have your Exchange email account setup on the Nexus 4? And, if so, is it setup properly as an Exchange account? If yes, open the Email app and tap menu -> Settings. Tap your Exchange account and make certain "Sync Calendar" is checked. Now, open the Calendar app, tap menu -> Settings, tap your Exchange account entry, and make sure the box is checked indicating that the calendar will be synced. If your Exchange account is not in the list, tap "Add Account" at the top right.

My calendar updates to match my work calendar within moments of any changes made - "over the air" and totally automatically.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I spent a lot of time on this issue last year. I tried to use the Google sync program but it didn't always work. Plus I also wanted to have my contacts and tasks sync automatically. I found this program that works amazing and is all wireless. Go to www.companionlink.com

You install it on your desktop and it syncs everything from Outlook to your Google account then to your phone. Plus it works the other way, so if you add a calendar entry on your phone it will show up in outlook automatically. No plugs needed.

It costs $40 but it is well worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Burhan Khalid

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a corporate Exchange account, and I use Google Calendar Sync, since I only want to sync calendars and not everything. You need to grab it quickly because at the end of January it is going to be discontinued for non Google Apps users. Once you have it downloaded, in options make sure you select "2 Way", and give it an interval to sync.

As long as your work pc is online, calendars will continue to sync in the background.

Once you set it up like this, you don't get an extra calendar; all events are syncd to your main calendar on the account that you set up in the program.

droidlouise

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I've seen all your posts and hope that just maybe....you can help me figure out what's happened with my use of MyPhoneExplorer. I've been using it with Outlook 2010 and my old Droid Charge for a few years and was quite happy.

Then I got a new Samsung Galaxy s4 running jellly bean 2.2. I reinstalled the app, the desktop recognized it immediately, and I sent everything one way from my desktop to the phone. On the phone I use Business Calendar, which MPE recommends. I only sync my calendar (for 5 years), and my tasks.

Ever since I got the new phone, reinstalled MPE and Business Calendar Pro, MPE insists upon deleting most of my appointments from my calendar. I have it set to syc from 7 days before to 180 days after - but it destroys appointments on the phone from 2011.

I gather you have a relatively new phone and pad and I was wondering if you'd had trouble. Or, if you have any idea what I may have set wrong. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Frank Truffer

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Google calendar sync passes Outlook data to Google which syncs with your phone automatically. I use Outlook for business and gmail for personal activities. This method of syncing to Adroid requires mixing of my business and personal calendars. I don't like it. I found this app in Google Play: Outlook Calendar Transfer . It uses a USB cable to transfer my Outlook Calendar directly to my phone. It only costs $2 and works great. I came to this forum for a solution. I guess I share my solution with you.

RahulVPathare

May 14, 2013
Visit site
The app appears to be in very nacent stage with Oct'2013 launch, looks interesting & priced reasonably (free version available)... will check out,
Thanks Frank :)

Outlook Calendar Transfer [/URL]. It uses a USB cable to transfer my Outlook Calendar directly to my phone. It only costs $2 and works great. I came to this forum for a solution. I guess I share my solution with you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary