Easy Tether work on Galaxy Tab?

unforgiven

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Looking for options as I'm not in any hurry to root a brand new phone. Easy Tether is a solution for using and android phone for a laptop. It does not support Bluetooth and requires USB cable but I could live with that if this would work on a Galaxy tab. I'm thinking no based on the OS requirements listed but you never know so thought I would ask.

Thanks! :D

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You would have to enable wireless tethering and the Tab may not accept the tether if it's an ad-hoc connection. Chances are it would be ad-hoc if wireless. At which point you may need to root and enable the workaround.

unforgiven

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I think you are correct as I have it tethered now to my iPhone using blue tooth as it would not do adhoc. Easy Tether (unless I missed it) does not do wifi but only usb cable. The problem I see is that the easy tether client only lists laptops and computers as supported with OSs like WIndows, MAc and ubuntu so that leads me to believe the client won't even run on an android tablet.

tguolee

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Easy Tether is ad hoc only (I believe). SGT 10.1 cannot recognize without changing the internals. Easiest solution is to download android-wifi-tether's latest release and ensure the "Change Device-Profile" is set to Samsung Epic 4 G in the settings.

You will need to side load the apk (I used Drop Box). The download is at:

android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Is working great for me - good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia