Easytether Pro not allowed by carrier?

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Easytether Pro now shows as "not allowed by your carrier" when in android market on my phone. Because of this, it wouldn't allow me to update it.

I figured out a workaround. I pushed it from my PC by going to market.android.com.

Anyone else using Easytether and seeing this?

winse

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
How did you push it from your PC to your phone. When I goto market.android.com. It shows that I purchased the app. When I click on the purchased. It says my that my carrier doesnt support this app.. Show me the ways my friend.

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... maybe they got wise to it after the fact? It worked for me last night. Did you have it installed already? I already had it installed, but it was saying that an update was available. I'll double-check in a few and see what happens. I am also rooted with install apps from unknown sources enabled. I don't know if that is affecting my ability to install.

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Turn on airplane mode then connect through wifi.

Sent using SAMSUNG DROID CHARGE 4G LTE

I don't think that'll work. They still know what carrier the phone is registered on, even if you aren't using their network.

I still don't have any issues from the market on my PC, except that it says its already installed, so I won't be sure until its time to update again.

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Add wifi tether for root to this list as well. I installed it yesterday, even though I heard it doesn't work on the Bionic, and today on the market it says not allowed by carrier. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to start using the Amazon App store more.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
the idea is to be smarter then the carrier.

there are other ways to accomplish the feat. and they are listed on this forum.

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
the idea is to be smarter then the carrier.

there are other ways to accomplish the feat. and they are listed on this forum.

I know that, and you know that, but not everyone knows that. This is the first time I've seen these messages in the market though, so I thought it might be helpful to share.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelmanVT