Echo camera app bug - no "full screen"

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Now that Elixir 2 has been released I am working with the developer, Tam?s Barta, trying to fix an issue I always had with Elixir 1, the app would not go full (both) screen.

The developer could not figure it out and after testing serveral builds he sent me we found the problem, camera permissions.

Just putting android.permission.CAMERA to the Androidmanifest.xml file will lock the app to one screen.

I thought that rather odd since I use a couple of camera apps but I had not had a chance to try them since getting gingerbread. Sure enough both camera apps would only show in one screen.

So if any of you who use a camera app, are you seeing the same effect?

Also, any suggestions on how I can report this bug to Kyocera? It really should be fixed in a maintenance patch.

sabbys

Jamin13

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just send a message from the echobykyocera.com page. If you navigate around, you'll find something about reporting bugs or problems.

Dre89

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it has to do with the camera, the system will only display images from the camera on the top screen, so having the permission in the app causes the system to force it to 1 screen. Only the stock camera app can display things on the second screen while showing the camera image on the top screen. He might want to take a look at that or see if kyocera will give him info on it

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the SDK may suggest a different API call for that. I could hope for info on integrating the camera flash with third-party apps, but probably no dice.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly