Echo problems with Otter Box

harryg27

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I got the Commuter yesterday, people I've talked to have mentioned their voices echoing. Everything on my end sounds clear. I searched a little bit and found people have the same issues, but none I've seen have complained about the Skyrocket so far. I'm thinking about returning my case, but I'm curious if I'll have the same problem no matter what case I use. Any suggestions?

PBX-Tech

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried turning on "Noise suppression"?
Menu/Settings/Call/Additional settings

I was having a voice drop out issue and this worked for me. I also have an Otter Box.

harryg27

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried turning on "Noise suppression"?
Menu/Settings/Call/Additional settings

I was having a voice drop out issue and this worked for me. I also have an Otter Box.

Actually, noise suppression was on by default and turning it off has helped stop the echoing. I'm gonna continue that for a while and see how it does.

harryg27

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Well I just got off the phone and the echoing had started again. Noise suppression is still turned off. First time since 3/30. Is it possible that low battery has something to do with it? It was around 30% while talking. I'm wondering if I should try the Impact Otter Box or another brand, such as the Case Mate Tough.

harryg27

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Alright, it's been a month since my last post in this thread and I'm starting to get discouraged. My girlfriend mentioned the echoing problem again, which has been going on for the past two days. I haven't had this phone two months and I almost feel like giving up on it, especially after reading everything about the One X and SG3. I really do love the Skyrocket, it's just voice calls are aggravating. I shouldn't have to take the case off every time to be able to talk on the phone. I don't know what to do...

kberry66

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
my husband just switched to the skyrocket and went out of town. Every time I talk to him I hear this horrible echo. We turned off tons of stuff and finally I had him call at&t. Apparently this has been an issue with the speaker on the skyrocket and the only fix is to exchange the phone.

hdjdjficjdbdn

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
my husband just switched to the skyrocket and went out of town. Every time I talk to him I hear this horrible echo. We turned off tons of stuff and finally I had him call at&t. Apparently this has been an issue with the speaker on the skyrocket and the only fix is to exchange the phone.

hdjdjficjdbdn

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

Isolate the bottom microphone from the case with a slice of earplug watch the galaxy note 3 echo fix on youtube worked for my galaxy s4

hdjdjficjdbdn

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I got the Commuter yesterday, people I've talked to have mentioned their voices echoing. Everything on my end sounds clear. I searched a little bit and found people have the same issues, but none I've seen have complained about the Skyrocket so far. I'm thinking about returning my case, but I'm curious if I'll have the same problem no matter what case I use. Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tharika1234