Edge Screen eating battery??

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing the edge screen eating up a lot of battery? Last few days it's been the biggest drain. Last night I went to bed with around a 95% charge or something like that. I woke up with 42% which is a ridiculous drop for me.

Some details:
  • Factory reset about two weeks old (this behavior is a couple of days old however).
  • Had Edge lighting fix installed but just uninstalled it.
  • Medium battery power setting.
  • Edge lighting turned on but I just disabled it for all but a handful of apps.
  • Verizon is my carrier.
  • Wiped the cache partition a couple of days ago (so no love there)
  • Recent update installed last week.

Maybe uninstalling the edge lighting fix and disabling a bunch of the edge app notifications will help.
Any thoughts appreciated.

j1J8Vua.jpg

fsZIbCR.jpg

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
So yeah. Cleared cache and then data for edge screen and force closed it and Bam... Back to two days battery life. So that problem is solved, but I wonder why and if there is a fix? I used the edge panels and edge lighting and kinda hate losing those features. I guess enable them one at a time and monitor.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So yeah. Cleared cache and then data for edge screen and force closed it and Bam... Back to two days battery life. So that problem is solved, but I wonder why and if there is a fix? I used the edge panels and edge lighting and kinda hate losing those features. I guess enable them one at a time and monitor.
Thats great one of the features was bugging out .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174