Edited Photos NOT Saving to the "Photo Editor" Folder in Gallery

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Prior to the latest (Verizon) update, my edited photos (using stock Gallery) used to save to the Photo Editor folder. After the update, they're saved to the main "Camera" folder and it's creating a mess in my normally tidy Gallery :( Can't find a thing! Is there a way to force the edited photos to once again be saved into the Photo Editor folder?
Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Gallery doesn't own any folders, it displays picture files from ALL folders. It saves files to where they came from. Since Gallery has no folder (and doesn't refer to any - it finds pictures by using the Media Scan database), there's nothing you can change to make it "use" other folders. (It saves to where it gets.)

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Edited Photos NOT Saving to the "Photo Editor" Folder in Gallery

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=672847 Confirmed on wife's S7. The latest update got rid of the Photo Editor album in Gallery. Now when you edit a photo it deletes the original and puts the edited photo into the Camera album. The only fix is to create a new album named Photo Editor and put your edited photos into that album.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for verifying this. Anyway, it's a pain to have both versions in the same album now. It can get confusing. If anyone figures out how to redirect the edited and saved pic to the Photo Editor album, please share.

screenshot.jpg

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've not noticed this since I do all my editing off camera but yeah it's annoying having both in the same collection.

What about using a different editor, they will save to their own folders and still be picked up in the Gallery.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I do any serious post processing on my computer. I'm mostly just cropping on the cell phone. Sometimes Auto Adjust. I do have another editor on the phone. Never use it. Really seems odd that you can't set up a new folder/album to save to.

jenyb

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I am new to the forum.
I was beginning to think it was only me having this issue with photos not saving to Photo Editor in Gallery as I looked weeks ago and couldn't find a thread anywhere. I have the same issue but it does not delete the original I just end up with two photos in the camera folder. Has anyone tried resetting all settings back to their defaults in backup and restore? I'm not sure I am brave enough yet to try it as it would be a bind setting up the phone again.

Any comments please?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'm brave enough either! <lol> There are some brave people here tho (those that carry around a $700 phone nekkid!) so maybe one of them will give it a try :) BTW, I forgot to mention that my original isn't deleted either.

Michael R5

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for verifying this. Anyway, it's a pain to have both versions in the same album now. It can get confusing. If anyone figures out how to redirect the edited and saved pic to the Photo Editor album, please share.

View attachment 227641

If you hit share after you save your edited pic, you can choose esfileExplorer save as and select the photo editor folder. It's a few more steps but it will work.

Thetwistednail

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I HAVE THE FIX!! it took a while but after ordering a new phone and getting same results, i realized it was an issue with an attached account. Google! On lg g4 settings, general tab, select google, select connected apps, then select Lg. Disconnect that sucker from google and walah! Our lovely editor is as it once was. You are welcome! It took me hours but i was determined. Muah!

Last edited:

ShayGray1026

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
Hello... Did anyone come up with a solution for this? I currently have an LG Aristo from Metro PCS and I was able to edit any one of my pictures and the edited picture would save to a folder in my gallery called photo editor... Every single photo in my gallery that I edited would always go into that folder after it was edited... Then, the original photo would stay exactly where it was that... However, my SD card was full so I decided to upload majority of my photos to my drive on Google. After I did this I don't know if I had hit any buttons or did anything but now when I edit a photo it stays in the same folder that I edited it from and it just goes to the top of the folder where the other pictures are in... however, I still have a photo editor album or folder in my gallery... How do I get my edited photos to save back to the photo editor? Someone please help me! It is driving me crazy and I really need my edited photos to save to the photo editor and The Originals to stay in the folders that they were at... Someone please help me! I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to find out how my edits done via the phones gallery get uploaded to Google Photos. My phone is a Huawei Mate 20. Assuming pictures taken get uploaded pretty much instantaneously, and there is no edited photos folder, how do I ensure I can still use the phone to edit and not Google photos?