Email Help

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
So I've been a Droid user for about a month now. First I had a Blackberry (Pearl, on Sprint) then the Palm Pre (Sprint) now the Droid. Long story short, loved my blackberry (besides the keyboard), loved the Pre (briefly), love the Droid most of all.

Problem: I have two gmail accounts set up. One is my personal account, the other is my school account (it isn't @gmail.com, but it is run through Gmail and Google so my Droid recognizes it as an @gmail account).

There are two email applications on the Droid. The Gmail application, and the normal email application. I like the normal application because it allows me to see my combined inbox (like my Blackberry and Pre). The thing I don't like, is that I can't set it up to push emails to my phone. It checks every 15 minutes for email. Is the normal Gmail applications (vs the Email application) push email? I didn't see any options for how frequently it checks for email so I assumed so.

Basically I'm just confused as to which email to use. I don't want to get notifications from both, I just want to use one application.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
So the deal is, I can have Push email in the Gmail app, but not Push email in the normal Email application with the same exact accounts that Push in the Gmail app. But in the Gmail app I don't get a combined inbox. Seems like extra complications that make for a less productive/cohesive experience...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality3020