Email notification sound

skildare

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to turn off sound notification for email but keep sound for text messages? Got the Stratosphere a few days ago and cannot figure this one out. Not finding the option in the email app as was the case with my old LG Ally.

Thanks.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeeah I did that for the wifes strat...works well.

The next thing is that I made a contact for numbers not to answer, and set the ringtone for that contact to the blank as well. As new numbers come in, I just add them to that contact (I have a ton of calls from recruiters)

jrh4054

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Go to the email settings by clicking on menu>more >account settings>notification settings>select ringtone>android system>select 'silent'.

Reactions: jmbman65

Kalamama

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
After losing my settings in the mid December mobile update, I searched for days to get them back to my preferences, not theirs. I finally found it on the main page of Yahoo! mail. It's way down at the bottom, under all your files. Under tools, click account settings then Notification Settings. You can then choose your email notification sound, or turn it off, choose to use Vibrate and choose to Show in Status Bar. Hope this saves you the time I wasted! :D

Tom Tipps

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your comment. It prompted me to go looking again and I found it too. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with T-Mobile service. I found the notification on/off by long-pressing my Microsoft Exchange email account name. I have been to that screen before but forgot how to get there. Happy New Year!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon