Email problem

jeffpatch

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,

I was playing with my phone last night since it has been slowing down lately trying to figure out WHY it was getting slower... I only use it for phone calls and email really... Then again, I am addicted to Facebook.

Anyway, This morning I went to check email (Clicked on email on home page) and it automatically took me to where you would set up a new email account. Me thinking that I deleted it, went to re-enter that information and it tells me that the account is already set up.

So... Go in to settings, account and that account IS there... Password is there but username is blank and can't go in there to edit it...

So, now what... ?

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You don't say what type of email account or what email application you are using, so it is difficult to know what might be wrong.

Two things I would try:
1) Shutdown and restart. Many glitches are repaired by a simple reboot.
2) If that doesn't work, I would delete the account and set it up again.

I know that doesn't help to understand what went wrong, but it will probably fix the problem.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What the above mentioned poster suggested ↓
Two things I would try: 1) Shutdown and restart. Many glitches are repaired by a simple reboot. 2) If that doesn't work, I would delete the account and set it up again.
If none of the above works, log onto your account and request for a password change.

Good luck.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Also clear your fb cache... Fb is a resource whore... I've seen mine using up to 127mb of ram...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Did you try to access your email on your PC or MAC to see if you can log on.

Also Facebook is a PIG on Data (will slow it down) & Battery drain

I would use your web browser & bookmark it / short cut to screen for Facebook to eliminate the the above instead of the Facebook APP.

Hope that may help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly