Email sign in failed

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
For the past 3 days my stock email program is giving the above mentioned problem. I know it has nothing to do with my email server or password. I can force a downloading of my email. I have a Samsung tablet it pulls my email without issue along with my laptop. I've had the happen with older Samsung but it would be intermittent and eventually work itself out. That has not happened. Any idea on how I can get my email with out having to pull down the screen to get it to sync?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which email provider do you have? Have you already tried removing the account, then adding it back?

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I've had this problem three times before on my S8+ (once every time I had to do a warranty exchange, which maddeningly was three times). If it's your Gmail account, I've got a solution for you. Delete the account from the email app, and re-add it manually. That should solve the issue for you.

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
My email provider is Frontier. I believe they use yahoo. I've deleted my account and added it back. I have a Samsung Tab and it has no problem syncing the email. I can get my phone to sync by forcing it. Meaning pull down to refresh. Sometimes it takes a couple of times doing that before it will sync. It so frustrating. I've had this happen with other Samsung galaxies but it has always been temporary never lasting for almost a week.

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Sadly that is not an option for Frontier users. Yahoo I believe is acting as a server for Frontier mail. I can access my email via yahoo but I can't generate app passwords. My s8 is the only device that gets the sign failed message. I have a Samsung Tab and it can sync emails with no problem. My husband's s7 syncs with no problem. My s8 nope not unless I manually force it by pulling down to refresh.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I agree that's annoying.:-\ Have you tried other email clients? What if you add the account to your Gmail app, or install another email client like Aqua Mail?

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
That's what I decided to do. When I set up my Frontier account 8nto Gmail and voila it worked. I was curious why so I compared server settings and found the issue Gmail app set SSL security with a different port so I removed my Frontier account from Samsung stock app and went back in, manually selecting SSL and putting in the port number. NOW it works! So weird not sure what changed on my phone and why sometimes I could force it to sync. But it's working now. Thanks for helping!