Enable NetworkBooster

garthshawn

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Glad you liked my work haha. Took forever but finally done. Im RevelationOmega in XDA. This should work for ALL ROOTED VARIANTS, see post for details. Confirmed to work.

Andrew J Papa

May 7, 2014
Visit site
make sure to donate to the developer....download booster is working for all rooted variants..and is a great added feature...thanks RevelationOmega

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I rooted it. But now what.
Let me start off by saying I was rooted on my S3. I had no idea what I was doing,or what root meant until skunkape (from here) walked me through it. He then showed me how to install custom roms, and I was on my way.
I was using TWRP on my S3, and when I powered off the 3, I would have an option to boot into recovery and off I went to flash at will.
So, can I still use twrp? How do I get it? I downloaded the network booster zip and it's sitting on my pc just waiting :)

Last edited:

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Garth
Haven't had chance to do anything but look. I fiddled with the TWRP real quick, but ran into some problems. Will head back to that link with the instructions for dummies soon.
Stay tuned, and don't go far, lol

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, Finally got around to it! Everything works great. Rooted, had a little trouble installing twrp, but I had a drink, and got it to work. Wanam is in, Xposed installer is in, and I didn't brick it. I'm assuming I'm on a stock rom? I haven't downloaded any roms since the root method posted. I see alot of things that say they recommend using with a stock rom,that's why i ask.

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm on a stock rooted s5. Want to enable download booster but I got confused when reading about renaming a file with a .bak and that secsettings.apk looked scary to me! So with the new updated flash can I just flash the zip and it will enable download booster even on a odexed stock s5 without renaming files? Also this secsettings apk as I understand is to enable you to update the prl. So does that mean that I just flash that when needed and I'm ready to go or do I still need to work with some permission settings? And of course...thanks RevelationOmega!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
You must be turning on that network booster a different way than I did. I never had to rename anything. I had to download Nova launcher, long press on the home screen and click apps, then settings, then network booster to turn it on. Matter of fact, I just disabled that. My ****ty sprint service got more ****ty after that. It's only good for large downloads anyway. If I were to DL a huge file, it'll be over wifi anyway.

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Do you still need to do it through nova launcher? Because I flashed version 2 but I don't see anything in the settings. Anything else I have to do? I just want to enable it. I don't necessary need it in the notification panel.
UPDATE: in order to see it in settings, if you are on stock which is odexed, you have to go find the secsettings.odex file (in system-priv app) and rename and add a .bak then you should see it in the settings.
Thanks again to RevelationOmega!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited: