Endure with my Note 4, or get a Note 5 till Note 8 prices are cheaper?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
My poor Note 4 is starting to get a bit wonky, but when 3rd party costs for Note 8's are still 400 bucks or so, compared to when I got my Note 4 for about 220 in 2016....should I maybe roll with a new Note 4, or go for a Note 5(I hate the non-removable battery though) while waiting for the Note 8 costs to subside? I figure they'd be coming down more once they announce what, the Note 10?

daehttub01

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Got a pristine Note 8 on EBay for $320. Be careful and diligent and you can get an excellent Note 8 for cheap. I think tech reviewers dump their almost unused phones on EBay. The last update on mine was 8/2017 when I got it and the battery is like new.

daehttub01

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Letting go of my Note 4 with replaceable battery, IR blaster and compass was difficult but I can't risk not having the security updates...

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Fair enough, still hoping at some point the prices people offer them up for goes below 300. Highest I've ever paid for a phone was 250 for the HTC Thunderbolt at near launch and that was at Best Buy. I got my Note 4 for about 210. Hell, I got my Note 2 for 100.

ksefan

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My poor Note 4 is starting to get a bit wonky, but when 3rd party costs for Note 8's are still 400 bucks or so, compared to when I got my Note 4 for about 220 in 2016....should I maybe roll with a new Note 4, or go for a Note 5(I hate the non-removable battery though) while waiting for the Note 8 costs to subside? I figure they'd be coming down more once they announce what, the Note 10?
I honestly don't understand why you just don't upgrade. If I were you since you've held on this long just hold on a little longer till the Note 10 comes out.

pixielee22

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I miss my note 4 after going to the 8! We are about to lose another 4 we still use and it's been s struggle for hey to pick s new phone!

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Because I have bills in several directions. I'm just looking for people's opinions/suggestions. And I can only upgrade 3rd-party purchase, since I have one of the old school unlimited plans that stopped being available as of 2011. I'd like to keep that. And the X per month plans from Verizon add up to WAY more than I'd ever wanna pay for anything short of a gaming PC.

ksefan

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Because I have bills in several directions. I'm just looking for people's opinions/suggestions. And I can only upgrade 3rd-party purchase, since I have one of the old school unlimited plans that stopped being available as of 2011. I'd like to keep that. And the X per month plans from Verizon add up to WAY more than I'd ever wanna pay for anything short of a gaming PC.
It you don't mind me asking how much is your Verizon bill? I was paying 145 a month for the grandfathered unlimited plan so I decided to switch to T-Mobile at the end of 2017 cause they announced they cap their unlimited plan at 50gb and now I only pay 90 for a single line for my Note 8. I guess it all depends on how much data you use and I never went over 25 gb. My suggestion would be if you are so adamant about keeping your old plan I would not go with anything older than a Note 8 since it's getting updates and contrary to popular beliefs updates are important. Check out swappa.com you can find good deals on numerous phones. It's way better than eBay and other 3rd party websites.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
My data use varies, anywhere from 6 to 15 odd Gigs a month. Also, I'm on a family plan that's about 220 between three people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh