EP4 OTA Now Rolling Out

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
A rumor. Lol. The page where it has the update info only says coming soon. Someone took it upon themselves to pull a number out of their ___ lol

Last edited:

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Here is what I got from twitter:

VZWSupport VZW Support
@gregba7 The update will be pushed in stages & will be sent to your phone. There is not a set time when it will come to your device. ^MSF
Nov 29, 7:52 AM via Radian6
In reply to…
gregba7 Greg Beyer
@VZWSupport when is the gingerbread update that is scheduled for today for the Droid Charge going to start being sent OTA?

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I've got the update, but I used the leaked update.zip I found on XDA. Not a lot of changes visually, the quick controls in the notification area are a different color. The green/red colors used in the pattern lock seem a little different. That's really all I've noticed. I have heard though that this actually uses an ext4 file system, don't know if that's true but I hope it is. the phone itself does seem a lot snappier though.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I've got the update, but I used the leaked update.zip I found on XDA. Not a lot of changes visually, the quick controls in the notification area are a different color. The green/red colors used in the pattern lock seem a little different. That's really all I've noticed. I have heard though that this actually uses an ext4 file system, don't know if that's true but I hope it is. the phone itself does seem a lot snappier though.

Where did you find the zip file? do you have to root to get it?

any new widgets/screens like the release said?

Thanks in advance!

rj57

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

No ext4 on stock GB. Still is RFS, albeit much faster. Looks like they mixed in a little green and aqua with the poop n' pumpkin theming.
Gotta say, sammy's themers for this are just plain aesthetically challenged.

BlkWolf03

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what would happen if you are running the leaked stock ep4p and you try to do the "update.zip on sdcard" method? Would it just fail to update or could it cause other problems?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Got this from a post on xda:

"OTA (Over The Air) Push / Pull Details DROID Charge (i510) ? MR3 Version EP4 will be pushed Tues 11/29 at noon to 1K customers followed by 19K at 9:00PM Eastern. There will be the ?soak? period to evaluate the push. Upon success, beginning Thurs 12/1 at 11:59PM we will ramp up the daily push quantity to 100K, followed by the remaining base on Fri 12/2. Users will not be able to pull the software. Download times 2?5 minutes ? depending on network conditions."

Looks like the majority will get it later in the week.

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

"OTA (Over The Air) Push / Pull Details DROID Charge (i510) ? MR3 Version EP4 will be pushed Tues 11/29 at noon to 1K customers followed by 19K at 9:00PM Eastern. There will be the ?soak? period to evaluate the push. Upon success, beginning Thurs 12/1 at 11:59PM we will ramp up the daily push quantity to 100K, followed by the remaining base on Fri 12/2. Users will not be able to pull the software. Download times 2?5 minutes ? depending on network conditions."

thanks for the update davey11

geochemical

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, that is very good news. I would much rather have the update at the end of the week (after heavy email and calendar traffic related to work) so I will have time on the weekend to troubleshoot and tweak the inevitable upgrade issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markp84103