Equalizer!!!

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to get DSP manager, or the Equalizer Beta app for android 2.3 to work on our optimus s ROMs such as ThundeROM or nROM? I know there is a DSP manager in CM7. But the sound is strange. On CM7 when I plug my phone into my stereo in my car, or my house stereo, there is no bass at all. The same thing happens on my friend's optimus s on CM7 as well. But when we use a 2.2 ROM the problem doesn't exist, and the music sounds normal and full again. Its hard to explain, please try it. But is there any way for a working DSP manager of some kind for 2.2? I use Audiogalaxy a lot and it would make my Android experice complete. My Hero had a functional DSP manager, so I know its possible for the optimus s!

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
A while back b4 cm7 came to optimus s. U could put dsp manager in by adb. But noticed maby people having issues with installing bc of having to deal wit the liblibary ..might wanna check the dsp manager threads in xda where the dev of it may post work arounds etc.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
OK, right on. I knew there was something somewhere where you can push install it. And the audiolibrary file. I just hope dsp manager is incorporated into our Roms sometime in the near future. Or the audiobug in CM7 is fixed. I would use something like poweramp if I wasn't streaming from Audiogalaxy. :) Thanks for your input. If you figure something out please let me know. I'll search around xda and try the adb method if it'll work that is....

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind CM7 is still beta - they are working on the dsp/audio issues and are aware of them. Just be patient and use PowerAMP as suggested in the meantime. That player's EQ doesn't affect all of Android's audio like DSP manager does, but would be a much easier solution until CM7 is ironed out more.

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Understandable. I'll wait. I appreciate the hard work in making a great device even better. And I'm excited about 2.3 on our device. Thanks for your input!

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have mixing...and I am looking for a non-rooted equalizer. I have tried power amp, but it seems to be drainging a ton of battery...

anyone help ?

winamp has a great interface...just not sure....it has enough, i plug my phone into my truck through a chord to hear tunes ...etc

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The issues with the sound in CM7 have been resolved. I would install that ROM if you want a working DSP manager/equalizer that works for ALL apps with audio.