Escaping Odin with doing ANYTHING???

andyzig

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to exit Odin safely. I have been spending the whole morning reading and learning abour ROMs and Kernals ect and i don't really know what i'm doing yet. I have a rooted fascinate and i installed Odin just now because it looks like something i will need soon. I don't have any plans to flash anything to my phone, so i didn't download any ROMs or Tar files ect. I just connected the phone to Odin to see if it would work. Now i have the large yellow triangle, and the "Do no turn off Target" warning.

What is the proper way to exit? I don't want the turn off target, but what is the taret? The phone or Odin?

andyzig

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Well i guess i made the smart move, i did nothing and the phone turned itself off. So hopefully i'm safe to put the battery back in and boot up. I think i'll do more reading and keep my phone in my pocket.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Should not do anything really as you just got the phone into download mode. Can't say I have ever done that unless I am getting ready to use Odin though.

Odin is used to load new modems and to fix big issues ;) You will need it if you plan to upgrade things on your own.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Since you didn't attempt to flash anything, there is no harm in entering and exiting download mode at will. It won't do anything to your phone unless you tell it to :)

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The message just applies more to disconnecting/closing Odin during a transfer. Nothing to worry about if it's just idle.

zombie1991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
^^^^ Exactly. If you pull your battery(like you should each time you use Odin) just make sure you have the box "Auto Reboot" checked. But once you are done, i.e. Odin shows green and says finished...just unplug the USB cable. Insert battery and it SHOULD reboot. If it doesn't...hold power button till it does. Your change will take effect...good or bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name