ESPN Scorecenter Weirdness

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Seeing that there was an update for this app on my phone, I went to update it on my N7. Either the update isn't available now or they pulled tablet support. I checked to see if it was in the list of my installed apps in the Play Store. It wasn't listed there even though it was definitely on my N7.

Enough was enough, so I figured I would delete the Scorecenter app altogether until the new version became available. I went to settings--apps. It wasn't listed under my downloaded apps. The only way I could get to it was under the all apps tab. I'm sure didn't side load it. In fact, I'm positive I installed Score center from the Play Store months ago.

If there's one thing I despise, it's a bad app that screws up my device's performance. I don't know if it actually hurt my N7's performance, but if you have this installed, you may want to get rid of it for the time being. It can't be a good thing that it isn't showing up where it should be in settings.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So did you successfully uninstall Scorecenter? What if you uninstall it, and then reinstall it from Google Play?

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was able to uninstall it in setting--apps--all, but it isn't showing up in the Play Store on my N7 even after a publisher search ("pub:ESPN inc."). There was a big update for it today, so I'm thinking they pulled support for the N7.

It isn't so much the app. I can live without it. This more of a cautionary tale to look at the apps you have installed every so often and make sure they're still being supported and behaving properly. ESPN apps have a bad track record for becoming abandonware; the paid ESPN Radio app languished for a long time before a newer version replaced it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just checked Google Play on my desktop--you're right, it is no longer supported on any of my tablets (I have an N7, as well as an Acer A500 and A100). That's pretty bewildering. I changed to Yahoo Sportacular a while ago because it uses less memory and doesn't stay as an active process when I exit. It's not as pretty as Scorecenter, but it does what it needs to do.

LarryShea

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It won't let you reinstall says it is incompatible with the device. I'm getting a score board unable to connect to the Internet error. There doesn't seem to be a way to stop the box from popping up every few minutes.

Last edited:

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I had issues with ESPN Score App for some time. Move to "Sports Tap" and "Fox Sports that give me the scores and the schedules on my N7. As long as "Watch ESPN" keeps working for live game video I can live with other Score Apps on the N7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryblue54