Estimated time of Price Drop?

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I know it's ridiculous to ask this before the phone is even available but I figured these pixel phones might have a pattern (lot of phones usually go on sale at the same time the last phone did)

I have a galaxy S8 and depending on if the Pixel 3 is small enough I might switch to it. But $800 for a phone to me is kinda on the high side (wish it was $650 because I could get around $400 for my S8 it's in basically mint condition factory unlocked)

I'm thinking MAYBE Christmas time it'll drop a hundred or so? what do you guys think?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, Google doesn't seem to lower their prices very often. To be honest, last years' Pixel 2 is already going for a great price considering all the extra benefits you get with it. Also, it's a really top notch (Lol) device that still performs really well. Wouldn't think twice about purchasing last year's Pixel 2.

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Think we will see more carrier deals during the holidays. Like 100 credit to the play store or fi credit. They might bundle something in to make without a price drop

Copb

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
Doesn't the Pixel 2 have some screen burn-in issues? Would the first Pixel be considered a better purchase, when compared to Pixel 2?

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Thank you people for the replies. So far everyone agrees that Google never really drops the prices.

I'm just gonna have to sell my phone for whatever I could get and pony up the extra cash (only if the smaller pixel battery is good I'm not interested in the xl)

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I know last year Target had a great deal for Black Friday (and the following week). I think it was a $200 (or possibly a bit more) gift card, which for me is as good as cash.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I know last year Target had a great deal for Black Friday (and the following week). I think it was a $200 (or possibly a bit more) gift card, which for me is as good as cash.

yeah I agree. target has pretty much everything I need I always shop there so it's basically $200 off. But I'm guessing that's for a Carrier Branded and not Unlocked?

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
yeah I agree. target has pretty much everything I need I always shop there so it's basically $200 off. But I'm guessing that's for a Carrier Branded and not Unlocked?

Yeah, Verizon one. But since the GC was from Target, I believe you could have simply signed up with Verizon and canceled soon after and taken the phone to Fi (or other carrier). Obviously not the most convenient, but still gets you a good deal.

Kingfroman

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Black Friday to end of Christmas you will most likely see 100 dollar Google store credit later in the summer probably about 100dollars off. Verizon normally does black Friday deals on it where you can get it for about 10 to 15 dollars a month but it's a 24 monthly credit so pretty much like a 2 year contract. I was able to get that deal and moved to TMobile who paid the rest off and let me keep the phone as well.

ZMan1092

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
How does one subscribe for future special offers from the Google Store like the one that gave the $50 credit for buying Pixel 3? I know I can't get that offer, but I'd like to be signed up for future ones.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
How does one subscribe for future special offers from the Google Store like the one that gave the $50 credit for buying Pixel 3? I know I can't get that offer, but I'd like to be signed up for future ones.

Email preferences under Settings in your Google account

ETA:
^^I was wrong^^ - in your Google Store Account - Settings - Email Preferences - at least for me.

In my Fi account - Account Settings - Alerts - check "Get news, updates, and tips, by email".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burks