ever since I installed Lollipop, my camera keeps crashing my phone!!

Pepe_1

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Ever since I installed Lollipop on my Nexus 4, I've had a bunch of issue's. It now takes forever for the phone to boot to the desktop, the battery life is worse, not better, and some other changes that I could've done without, but, such is life. For me, if it ain't broke, it don't need fixing!!!! The biggest problem is my phone keeps crashing every time I use the camera for stills or for video. If I leave that app open for more than about two minute's first the phone freezes and not long after that, crashes and automatically reboot's itself!! I can't take a pic and then swipe left to have a quick look at the results as like I said, after a minute, two max, it crashes!!! I have to close the camera app and look at the photo in the photo viewer.

The first photo is never in focus, so I'll try another quick one before closing the app before the phone crashes!! Also, most of the menu options have disappeared! Being able to select day time, night time, action and then, all the settings for whatever lighting conditions I might be under, like incandescent lighting, florescent light's, etc are all missing now. That happened after a crash when I had set the camera to incandescent lighting and took a photo. The phone froze up right then and there, crashed, rebooted to desktop and all those menu setting have been MIA ever since. I uninstalled the camera app and then reinstalled it hoping that might help, but, no such luck!!!! This is "very frustrating" as my main digital camera ( Olympus 5060 wz ) has issue's now. Being at least 12 yrs old now, I'm not spending $ to get it fixed, but, no money in the budget for a new camera thus far..

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Pierre.

Bugstomper2000

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
This is a problem on all Nexus 4s. It always has been, and unless Google decides to get their foot out of their mouth it always will be. It is just a problem with the drivers for the specific camera. I have found no solution. :( The time at which I most see this problem is on Snapchat. I will tap the screen, and the phone will freeze and shut down. When you restart it, about 15% battery is gone. I wish Google would do something about this.

Might as well go ahead and list the 4 problems with the 4
  • No MicroSD slot
  • No USB OTG Hardware
  • Camera shuts down phone
  • It is getting old

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a problem with the camera on my N4, on Lollipop or before. Has anyone with this problem tried reverting to older firmware or flashing the Lollipop factory image? It might be a hardware issue. I know that on my Nexus S, the camera just broke after a couple years: it didn't matter what Android version I put on it.

Pepe_1

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi yeppie,
I couldn't "agree with you MORE" with everything you said. As far as I was concerned, Ice-cream sandwich was just fine the way it was and if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!!! But no, they have to keep messing $hit up by always changing things!! :-[ Like you said, we can't opt out of these never ending updates and it's really pissing me off! If it doesn't get fixed soon, I'll be looking for a new phone, with a different O.S.

What can we do, they have us by the short and curly s and they darn well know it to!!!

All the very best for 2015 everyone.
Cheers,

Pierre.

Pepe_1

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Well, I did a factory reset on my phone yesterday, the camera no longer crashes the phone, it seems to boot a bit faster? Could just be wishful thinking on my part. But, the different lighting settings menu are still awol............. The one feature I want most, is gone!!! :mad:

Cheers,

Pepe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter