Everytime I go to send a message with a video it always says file too large

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem and no matter how much I trim the video it still says too large to send. I also recently switched from and phone and never had any problems sending videos.

You have to pick limit to MMS before recording

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

You can do that, and it will work...kinda. The video will send, but it will be pretty low quality.

Here's what I do...

1. Get a YouTube account
2. Take video in any resolution you want
3. upload video to you youtube (yes, it may take a while, especially if it's a large, high-def vid)
4. Send link to your friends so they can watch video in all of it's high def glory.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Boy someone seems a little cranky today.... People call for help... not an attitude.

Seriously, it seems like most of this thread was a pissing contest on who knows more or a 'ridicule the former iPhone user' discussion.

Does anyone actually know of 3rd party apps that allow compressed media to be sent via text? Preferably one that integrates into a pre-existing messaging app? I couldn't find anything named "Video Message Shrinker"

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Try VideoKit. It's not very intuitive to use but will get the job done. I use it regularly to resize videos to mms size.

Posted via Android Central App

Barbara333

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm definitely getting a i phone, then. Had it with Android (galaxy s5). Little bitty 10 minute video is "too large"??????

Yep. I phone next.

Elgato99cell

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Wow, how bout toning down the smug replies. This is supposed to be a help forum for new users, not a place where you can post answers that intentionally try to make another person feel bad for asking the question.

There are no "stupid" questions when it comes to tech, "don't you think Scorpiodsu???

Try being nice and helpful, rather than smug and lame.