1) on the Gmail app when trying to copy text you used to be able to just click on the highlighted text to copy it to clipboard, now you have to go down to the bottom left and click on the icon to do it. This is only on the Gmail app.
2) The menu button will be sorely missed. Now the menu for each app appears, depending on the app, on a different part of the screen, as opposed to having it always on the same spot.
The "Recent Apps" button is UTTERLY USELESS! With the original Evo, you used to be able to press and hold the home button and see the most recent 8 apps without having to scroll at all!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?? (WERE THEY THINKING?!?!)
3) The text app, and for that matter Handcent and GoSMS DO NOT show the count for the unread messages, neither on the icon, nor on the notification bar, UNLESS you actually scroll down the notifications, then you can see how many unread messages you have.
4) Gmail app used to be awesome with the original Evo. Not only did it show the total unread messages you had but also, if you marked a message as unread (even a very old message), whether you did it from the phone or even from the computer, you would get a notification as if you just got a new message! Where's that?!?!
5) Sync seems to be having its own issues as well. On the regular email app, if I set it up to sync email every 5 minutes, it takes rather about 10-15 mins for the emails to come in. Original Evo was prompt at that...
6) on the regular email app in order to be able to go to the next or previous email, one has to first click on menu and only then do you have the "next" or "previous" option, unlike on the original Evo.
7) When already on max volume and want to make sure you still are with the volume rocker, you would hear a sound with the old Evo, now you got nothing are have to actually LOOK at the screen to make sure you got it to the max.
8 ) No option to play YouTube videos out of the YouTube app when clicking on a YouTube video on the browser.
That was a given with the original Evo. Annoying as hell on the LTE.
9) You MUST use both hands when holding the phone vertically if you want to have access to the whole screen (if you're laying down or sitting back on a sofa, for example), otherwise you will be unwillingly hitting the volume rocker or needing a chiropractor for your thumb. An issue which could be avoided with a gel cover, but could have been foreseen by HTC when producing such a smooth non-grippy back to the phone.
10) Gmail and Tasks are incompatible?! I mean, what's the point??
11) The regular email app can only be accessed a limited amount of times per 15 minutes? I already got quite a few of those error messages...
This isn't a cellphone war between the 4G and the LTE, obviously the LTE has lots of stuff over the original Evo. I'm not here to bash the LTE, on the contrary I would love to find solutions to all (or most) of those issues.
For the time being if I have to sum it up:
I love the speed and I LOVE the battery life but, in terms of practicality, I would stick with the original Evo.
P.S. I would rather not root my phone, and would like those problems to go away, help!
Gimme your thoughts!