Exclusive Colors Delayed 5-6 Weeks!

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I don't mind waiting for my S22 Ultra in Granite. I knew it would take longer with the pandemic, shortages, and now the world situation. What is irritating is the lack of communication from Samsung. It's called "transparency". Just keep us informed what's going on. If it's a supply issue that cropped up, just tell us. That's all. It's no different than any other business. Stuff happens out of our control. They most likely didn't anticipate the demand. Fine, then just tell us that the demand was more than anticipated and here are the reasons it might be a few weeks longer for your device.
I could go on and on. Just communicate Samsung. Nobody likes being left in the dark.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't mind waiting for my S22 Ultra in Granite. I knew it would take longer with the pandemic, shortages, and now the world situation. What is irritating is the lack of communication from Samsung. It's called "transparency". Just keep us informed what's going on. If it's a supply issue that cropped up, just tell us. That's all. It's no different than any other business. Stuff happens out of our control. They most likely didn't anticipate the demand. Fine, then just tell us that the demand was more than anticipated and here are the reasons it might be a few weeks longer for your device.
I could go on and on. Just communicate Samsung. Nobody likes being left in the dark.

I agree. It's like I've gotten no update email from Samsung about my sky blue s22 ultra since the confirmation email on February 16th. Now on my tab s8 ultra I ordered on February 25th I've gotten 2 emails saying it still coming on time (April 8 same as phone supposedly) etc etc on March 1 and today. So it is like why the quietness on the phone but not the tab s8 ultra? It is what it is but I don't think I'll wait past the April 8th date tho. Hope we get our phones soon.

tfou79

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Huge grain of salt sprinkled

"Up on checking the order details we can see that you have selected the exclusive available color in Samsung website so We assigned the manufacturing team they are preparing it. once it is ready to ship you you will receive the tracking information via email.
1:46 PM Do you have an eta>?
1:47 PM Our team is working hardly to ship the products as soon as possible and I am damn sure you will receive the shipping details in this week for sure.
1:47 PM I am positive that it will be shipped till this week end."

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Huge grain of salt sprinkled

"Up on checking the order details we can see that you have selected the exclusive available color in Samsung website so We assigned the manufacturing team they are preparing it. once it is ready to ship you you will receive the tracking information via email.
1:46 PM Do you have an eta>?
1:47 PM Our team is working hardly to ship the products as soon as possible and I am damn sure you will receive the shipping details in this week for sure.
1:47 PM I am positive that it will be shipped till this week end."

WOW... They really need to work harder on their grammar and writing. Did I see like 2 curse words? LOL

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I ordered my skyblue on 2/9 received confirmation email of order.then nothing from Samsung in almost a month.all website had was processing,cancel button and estimate delivery date 3/8.by 3/4 I received no update from Samsung.no charge,no email no tracking .I contacted Samsung Fri and was told phone was created and at warehouse so it was being processed to ship,soon.still nothing by Sunday so I contacted Samsung e commerce cs person told me they were delayed because it was an exclusive color but Samsung was sorry and I would get email as soon as phone shipped.sure enough I received email saying phone is delayed .no new estimate of when phone would ship.so basically cs told me sorry but need to,wait could be April before phone arrives.

Samsung needs to communicate with the customer better give updates and be transparent.

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I ordered Red, 256 Ultra on Feb 9th. (USA). I just closed out my chat with Samsung. Rep stated that my order is being built now. She stated that my order confirmation email on Feb 12th started the five week turn around. The Rep stated that the end of my five week period is March 19, and I should have my device and accessories on or before March 22nd. I’ll believe it when I see it, but at least it is something, somewhat, positive.

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
I was waiting on a green unlocked 512 backordered till 3/25. Just saw the graphite unlocked supposedly shipping by march 18th. So I went with that one instead. We shall see

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any movement? Mine is still customizing. Someone at Samsung is out of bedazzlers, if it takes this long.

So logically, do we know how these are made? Is it glass made of colored bits? Or regular glass that they add the color to after? Do they make a bunch of regular ones, then send them over to someone. Who takes the glass off, color it or switch it out with a colored 1, then have to seal it and test it?

I ask because it says customizing. Which could be bs, but it sounds like it being done. If Ford makes 8 colors of mustangs, they aren't customizing each color.

donb2010

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm now wondering if the quality of the phones might be compromised because they're so behind in delivering phones (hurrying to fulfill orders). Samsung should offer more discounts or rewards to people for the delay.

Tuxedogirl

Feb 21, 2022
Visit site
I'm now wondering if the quality of the phones might be compromised because they're so behind in delivering phones (hurrying to fulfill orders). Samsung should offer more discounts or rewards to people for the delay.

I have started to wonder how their QC is gonna be with so many needing to get made myself. Will be interesting to see if noticable differences down the road.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I'm kinda scared now... If something is wrong with my phone I'll be so upset about it... I'll never forget the whole Note 7 situation. It was horrifying...

Update: Just checked and I have no date listed for the phone. Not even in the invoice... Not good...

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
My S22 Ultra Granite just lost the cancel button this morning. That's a good sign. Still scheduled for March 15.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So my example is different because I ordered on 2-11 bur tried canceling a couple of weeks later. It wouldn't let me cancel and I changed my mind and now want it.

Like the rest of us, I have been on the phone and chat with cs and e comm. We all know they are various degrees of bs being distributed.

So for me, it still lists the 970 or so on the invoice. I only have a 1200 limit. So in the back and forth, I lost the bonus items because of the cancel. When I tried to respend the money to get the accessories I couldn't because it said I didn't have enough room on the account.
Today I got a reminder to pay my bill, the funny part is that when I log in and check there is a pending 704$ on the account. I am not sure y it's 704, the cost shows 624 for just the phone. Either way, it would seem the system knows I am still getting the phone and maybe the change in price being held has changed because the phone is coming soon.

I have a lot of parts to hammer out, when and if the phone is sent.

blackice1010

Mar 9, 2018
Visit site
So my example is different because I ordered on 2-11 bur tried canceling a couple of weeks later. It wouldn't let me cancel and I changed my mind and now want it.

Like the rest of us, I have been on the phone and chat with cs and e comm. We all know they are various degrees of bs being distributed.

So for me, it still lists the 970 or so on the invoice. I only have a 1200 limit. So in the back and forth, I lost the bonus items because of the cancel. When I tried to respend the money to get the accessories I couldn't because it said I didn't have enough room on the account.
Today I got a reminder to pay my bill, the funny part is that when I log in and check there is a pending 704$ on the account. I am not sure y it's 704, the cost shows 624 for just the phone. Either way, it would seem the system knows I am still getting the phone and maybe the change in price being held has changed because the phone is coming soon.

I have a lot of parts to hammer out, when and if the phone is sent.

I too had the same "unable to cancel" issue. I placed my order on 2/18 and tried cancelling on 2/22 and was unable to. I too am now wanting the phone. When I checked my balance the other day, the amount was still pending on my Samsung financing as well. I'm not sure if this means it's coming soon or not. Just really hard to tell because it has been there for the better part of two weeks!

alexd3498

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Yeah I'm kinda scared now... If something is wrong with my phone I'll be so upset about it... I'll never forget the whole Note 7 situation. It was horrifying...

Update: Just checked and I have no date listed for the phone. Not even in the invoice... Not good...
Same here for my red 256

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko