extended battery on ebay

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
:confused:on eBay:confused:

It claims to be a mugen battery, and im excited about it, but come on! look at that price, i might as well just buy a solar charger or invent a charger that I can plug into my brain. I am justo going to my thin 1700mah battery for $30, and not spend $87 on this one. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Chrscott22

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered a 1800mah though I don't expect it to be a true 1800 I just hope it's better than the stock 1500. For $6 it can't hurt to try.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Stock is best, but...

I usually just keep an extra stock battery in the charger and swap out in the morning on the way out the door. Or, if I'm going to be away overnight, I carry a fully charged spare in my pocket. But, if you need a few extra hours, unexpectedly, Seidio makes a great stock-size extended that will give you that. And it fits without a special back.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
so after three days of using it, i have come to the conclusion that i do get about an extra hour on my device. its not perfect, but its better than walking around with a paperweight in my pocket instead of a cell phone about to die. i say the 2000mah slim battery is an ok buy!

Chrscott22

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine came today. I'm gonna wait a few days to try it though cause Im still kinda tweaking CM7 so I need to find out how the stock lasts first for a good comparison.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
i have been tweaking with my phone for the past week and running little tests with it and i have just hit 25hrs of complete use until it finally died of exhaustion this morning. i was running gps for an hour, wifi the entire time, and no charging. yay, the 2000mah battery i got seems to handle great!

Reactions: Ntchwaidumela

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
i have been tweaking with my phone for the past week and running little tests with it and i have just hit 25hrs of complete use until it finally died of exhaustion this morning. i was running gps for an hour, wifi the entire time, and no charging. yay, the 2000mah battery i got seems to handle great!

Is posting a link here ok? If so I need help finding one. Is the shift battery the same as the larger EVO?

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
ebay

the battery for the original evo will work for the shift and vice versa. the only thing you need to be concerned about is the larger extended battery that requires an expanded battery door. the link above has an ebay page with all batteries for the shifty.

Reactions: Geezerb

excaliburswrath

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I got my extended battery on gorilla gadgets. Its giving me over 24hrs every full charge and that's because I'm overclocking my evoshift to 1.5 ghz. Anyways a 3500 mah battery and cover is only 30 bucks on their website

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
New to Seidio

:confused:on eBay:confused:

It claims to be a mugen battery, and im excited about it, but come on! look at that price, i might as well just buy a solar charger or invent a charger that I can plug into my brain. I am justo going to my thin 1700mah battery for $30, and not spend $87 on this one. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Seidio is now offering a 3500 mah battery/cover for $69.99 retail.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Not bad...for the price

I bought this battery on eBay for $24.98 (including shipping), based on your comments, and it seems to give me a few extra hours of power. As recommended by the manufacturer, I fully charged it before installing it, and ran it all the way down before fully charging it again and repeated the process once more. It got better each time. So far, I'm happy with it. But if my usage increases dramatically, I'll buy the Seidio 3500 mah. But that means I'll have to give up using my current Surface case. Ah...compromise, compromise.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Is posting a link here ok? If so I need help finding one. Is the shift battery the same as the larger EVO?

NO! The batteries are different, so make sure you get the correct one.

You can flip the og evo's battery and it will work for the Shift. I'm pretty sure the EVO, the Shift and tp2 all use the same battery.... As far as the standard 1500 mah battery is concerned. Not sure about extended battery though.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
so after three days of using it, i have come to the conclusion that i do get about an extra hour on my device. its not perfect, but its better than walking around with a paperweight in my pocket instead of a cell phone about to die. i say the 2000mah slim battery is an ok buy!
I've been using this 2000mah battery for a couple of weeks and it seems to get about 3 hours more than the stock one. But you have to make sure you break it in as the mfg. suggests. I fully charged it when I received it, and I fully discharged it on first use. I fully discharge it about once a week before charging again. Works pretty good. So I'm happy with it. I'd love to use the 3500mah battery, but there are no protective cases (Innocase, etc.) available. hint hint

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers