Extra storage for Nexus 4

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
In case you didn't try it after Fairclough's reply, I just came across this: Current promotions offered by Box:

Android:

LG phones and tablets: Download Box for Android on your device and sign in to get a 50GB upgrade automatically. Valid through 12/31/13. Get more details.
Sony Xperia devices: Download Box for Android on your smartphone or tablet and log in to get a 50GB upgrade automatically. Valid through 12/31/13. Get more details.

I had to locate the post (first find which forum), but it's still available!

It still works fine! Got Lifetime 50GB free storage.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
From what I have seen, you have two options; Cloud or USB OTG.

For Cloud storage, Box.Com has gotten pretty good. They give you 50 gigs and the app is surprisingly easy to use. Dropbox is better IMO, but I think they only offer 5 gigs; I still use dropbox the most though. Google now allows you to use a unified storage of 15 gigs among your gmail, drive, and picasa accounts, and you get that for free. For Photos, Flikr offers an insane 1 terabyte of storage for free, but they officially only allow you to store images there. I have not had a chance to try out Flikr yet. But a lot of major 3rd party apps like Pictarine are already supporting it.

Google's main flaw in designing the Nexus 4 is the lack of SD support. You can get around this, sorta, with USB OTG. Using a special cable, you can hook up USB thumb drives to your phone via the Micro USB port. The process is a little messy though, and you need an external power source for the drive (the phone can't power it), but it is better than nothing. It will allow you to use the Nexus 4 like a computer to read and write to any USB drive.

That is not a design "flaw" having an 8 and 16 GB model, it is a design choice. There is a big difference .

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I've downloaded the Box and Foldersync apps, but I'm not sure what to do from here. So far, I only have some pics that I would put in the cloud. I did discover today, that I can download/stream music from Amazon Cloud that I already had there from when I used to have a Kindle Fire. That was pretty easy to get to compared to my N4. I'm pretty confused about data transfer to/from the N4. I guess it's a lot different from the N10 which I also have. I guess going to the Box Cloud would be an easy way to transfer files off of the N4 and then from the Box cloud to my pc? Thanks for any help.

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
you can download the App "Foldersync" in the market and it allows you to acess all these cloud drives like sugarsync, box.net, dropbox, skydrive, Dump Truck, SugarSync, Ubuntu One, LiveDrive, HiDrive, NetDocumentsamazon, google drive(Google Docs) all with this one app so you can have all the multiple cloud drive and internal memory and use this app as you file browser. best 3 bucks ive spent in the market:cool:

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Like designing a car with a missing wheel or radio is a design choice.

It's more comparable to designing a car with a smaller trunk.

Unless a wheel counts as storage, which wouldn't make sense.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74