Facebook app issue, is something drawing over it?

Ultimatexmas

Nov 2, 2023
Visit site
Henlo everyone,

Having a very weird problem. It started yesterday, everytime I launch the Facebook app something draws over it and I have to press the back button so I can use it. This happens every couple of seconds so the app is now pretty unusable.

On dark mode, when it draws over, the whole screen goes black. If its not, it just dimms. Either way, I have to press the back button so it returns to normal as only the navigational buttons work. Thing is, this keeps happening every few seconds so I can't use the app much.

I've tried clearing the cache, clearing the data, uninstalling, restarting, not showing picture in picture, not allowing fb app to draw but I'm not sure if that's the problem.

Anyone ever had this issue? I can't seem to figure it out. I'm on android 13, samsung a54. Only happens with the facebook app.

EDIT: Managed to get fb lite working. Seems to be working there except for the constant "something went wrong, try again" error.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Henlo hooman

Check your recent apps and see if any other app is doing this. You can also download the Good lock app from the galaxy store and see if the Nice Catch module catches anything.

Honestly though, my guess is that it's just a bug in the Facebook app. everything they do is pretty awful, and their app is no exception.

Ultimatexmas

Nov 2, 2023
Visit site
Henlo hooman

Check your recent apps and see if any other app is doing this. You can also download the Good lock app from the galaxy store and see if the Nice Catch module catches anything.

Honestly though, my guess is that it's just a bug in the Facebook app. everything they do is pretty awful, and their app is no exception.
Hi,

Thanks for replying. I've done everything I can think of and I believe it just might be the fb apps. No other app is giving me the same problem.

Facebook and Facebook lite is a mess so I'll just uninstall it for the time being and try again a few weeks from now.

Tickad66

Jan 19, 2024
Visit site
It seems to only be samsung devices? I have 4 devices... 2 are my main devices (they are both samsung) and both main devices seem to be doing the black screen. Just started recently... I've reported to Facebook but kinda sycks because I can't even reply to any comments or anything. With this issue going on for so long you'd think fb would fix the bug by now :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter