Facebook contacts

jm2282

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I am facing an issue with my contacts recently. Some of my contacts from facebook are not showing up on my contact list and I have to manually add them on my phone. Also, the pictures of the contacts is not showing up from facebook. Can anyone please suggest how to fix this? Thanks.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
In facebook's preference make sure that "Sync All" is set so FB will sync up all your contacts

for the pics, the easiest way is to go get SyncMyPix from the market. Works great.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
open Facebook > Menu > settings > Sync Contacts (at the very bottom) > Sync All

One thing that's worth pointing out how contacts really work on your phone.
The phone tries to keep the contacts source so when you remove facebook or another account the contact and info remove with it.

The phone tries to do is merge or link the contacts automatically to avoid having lots of duplicates.

John Smith in Gmail + John Smith on Facebook become one linked contacts on the phone.

This gets a little weird though when you have contacts with similar names or when you have ones that are the same person but say on FB they have a maiden name. Sometimes the phone will screw these up. you can manually link or unlink the contacts though when you see those.

I have had users at work complain that contacts are missing when in fact the phone merged John Smith, John Smith Jr etc.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: br.hoffman

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Another tip, I saved myself a lot of headaches when I imported ALL my contacts into Gmail.
things just worked better for some reason. Maybe because it was all Google.

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
you can import through google (backup assistant, export to csv, gmail, import csv), but that doesn't actually get you all of your contacts just the ones with phone numbers. Facebook does not allow exporting to google (though it's allowed through msn and yahoo).

as for pictures, I personally have all of the pictures, emails and birthdays of all my contacts without having to get any software. that's all I know.

jm2282

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
open Facebook > Menu > settings > Sync Contacts (at the very bottom) > Sync All

One thing that's worth pointing out how contacts really work on your phone.
The phone tries to keep the contacts source so when you remove facebook or another account the contact and info remove with it.

The phone tries to do is merge or link the contacts automatically to avoid having lots of duplicates.

John Smith in Gmail + John Smith on Facebook become one linked contacts on the phone.

This gets a little weird though when you have contacts with similar names or when you have ones that are the same person but say on FB they have a maiden name. Sometimes the phone will screw these up. you can manually link or unlink the contacts though when you see those.

I have had users at work complain that contacts are missing when in fact the phone merged John Smith, John Smith Jr etc.

Hope that helps!
I have absolutely no idea why, but I don't see the part in bold on my facebook :s I don't see the option to sync contacts there, I just have general settings, notification settings and helpful tips there. Weird!

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I have absolutely no idea why, but I don't see the part in bold on my facebook :s I don't see the option to sync contacts there, I just have general settings, notification settings and helpful tips there. Weird!

ahh, i'm running a custom rom. sorry.
Motoblur changes a lot with social network integration.

hopefully someone else can help you on that one.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem last week with certain contacts not showing up. What fixed it for me was: I logged into FB through my phones browser and the contact list seemed to resync itself. Also try rebooting the phone. Another option would be to delete the FB account from contacts and re-add it again.... takes two minutes.

Smahie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
You will not be able to sync them on a continual basis. That is the whole reason I rooted my phone and went with Liberty Rom...it removed all the blur features...including breaking the facebook contacts. If you root and install a blurless rom that option will now be in your facebook settings, untill then, stop frustrating yourself (like I did for the last 4 months) because it will not sync unless you remove your fb account from My Accounts and re add it. But then wont continue to update.