Facebook, Messanger and Instagram not working when switching from WIFI to mobile network

A

AC Question

I have an Samsung S6 Edge+ and the problem is that when my Facebook, Instagram and Messenger app work on WIFI they work ok. But if I switch to mobile network then they can't load unless I close them and open them again.

Is there a fix for this?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum! My guess, when I read your post title, was you have the data toggle off for those apps. There is a setting that shuts down or prevents apps from working if there is only a data connection available. That's to prevent excess charges for data use. I would not think that closing then reopening the app would bypass that though.

Absk

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for you reply. Well, the thing is that I have tested other apps, even Facebook lite, they all work ok. Only Facebook, Instagram and Messenger have this issue. Its really strange, and it also happens the other way around.

Say I was loading comments on Facebook, and I load them via mobile network. Then I turn on WiFi, connect and I would try to load others but I can't. Same thing would happen when going to WiFi to mobile network...

Any ideas?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You should stop using Facebook, Instagram and Messenger :)

I don't use any of those on my phone, and just Facebook from a PC, but something I noticed from that was Facebook logs how you connect to their system each time. I was using two different browsers at one time and when I logged in using a different one I would get an alert. Maybe something tied to that?

Otherwise got nothin'. Sorry.