Facebook Messenger vibration/notification issues

Dettadeus

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
Lately I've been running into issues with my phone's notifications specifically with the Facebook Messenger app.

The original issue I ran into was that the vibration pattern changed with some system/app update (from two short buzzes to one longer one) so I installed an app called Good Vibrations to customize it. This worked for about a month, but recently the vibrations stopped entirely. I reinstalled the app and the vibrations came back, but after every message vibration I get, a one-second long buzz (which feels much stronger than the short buzzes) gets tacked on after the short vibrations. If I don't have my phone on vibrate it's replaced by some basic notification sound which doesn't seem to be any I've set (and I did add a custom notification sound in the system settings and in both apps).

After messing around with the system notification settings, in-app settings and the Good Vibrations app, it seems the only options I can pick between are dealing with the long vibration or turning vibrations off entirely for Messenger. The same issue doesn't seem to occur with other apps I have set with custom vibration settings in Good Vibrations (Instagram, for example). Any ideas on where this extra vibration might be coming from and how I can block or turn it off?

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
My personal opinion is that it sounds to me like an issue with the Facebook Messenger app controlling the Vibration settings for that app.

If that is the case, I personally don't think there is anything you can do to change it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds