Facebook Notifications?

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
My bro got his new droid last week. He hasn't recieved any notifications since the first day he got the device. Does he have to make his facebook E-mail match his G-mail account for the droid (like you need to for the black berry)? Or is there another issue?

trackizmy1

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
you guys should use touch.facebook.com until the new app come out. I hope the iPhone facebook guy that left developing for them develops for android

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I saw this on crackberry. Can anyone tell me if it works for getting your notifications up and running?

Go to fb from a computer, go into notifications and make sure FB for Android is checked.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
@Magnious and fpdsniper, I don't seem to see the "Android" option in the Notifications area on Facebook. Can anyone elaborate as to where this is?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
At the very bottom there is a link to "show more" applications. It's there.

I checked it, and I'm still not getting notifications, so take it for what it's worth.

Ah yes, I see it now, thanks! Although I will note, I just switched from a BlackBerry Storm and I do not have "Facebook for Blackberry" checked yet I was still receiving FB notifications through the app. So chances are it's an app issue more than anything.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i am pretty sure checking that will just email you if the facebook for android application sends you a notification of some kind. (ie a program update, news, etc)

Aelther

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I just turned on text notifications and checked the android box on my facebook apps page and I got a notification. I'll let you know if I keep getting notifications or miss any.

vass0922

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
ya same problem
have my fb notifications going to yahoo

just checked the notifications to android, so we'll see if that does anything on my side.

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
yea, that's just going to email you if there are any changes to the facebook for android app.

also -- my email in facebook has always been my gmail addy, and i'm not getting any facebook notifications in my status bar.

azrail

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Ah yes, I see it now, thanks! Although I will note, I just switched from a BlackBerry Storm and I do not have "Facebook for Blackberry" checked yet I was still receiving FB notifications through the app. So chances are it's an app issue more than anything.

I can't see any check box for FB on Androids

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I went into mobile and see at the bottom several boxes to check for what can send you texts. The options are mobile, iphone android and bb. I unchecked all but android and mobile, saved and went back and they were all checked again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dijablue