Facebook Sync Issue?

lildeez84

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone rooted and installed Launcher Pro among other things. now I can't get facebook to sync with my contacts. I've heard with is a touchwiz issue and you need to use TWlauncher to get the sync to work.

This issue has been occuring before i rooted and ever since i've installed launcher pro, so i'm sure thats the issue; however, even when i boot from TWLAUNCHER i still can't get facebook to sync.

does anyone know exactly what the issue is, and if so, if there is a fix?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
For lack of better words, FB sync stinks. You could try deleting your FB account and setting it up again, or you could force a sync by opening accounts and settings > facebook and sync now via the menu softkey button.

What you've heard in your first paragraph is not true. Also, did you remove any "bloatware"?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Remove launcher pro and your problem should be fix. Not all applications are compatible with all phones.k

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Interested in the real fix for this as well. One thing I miss is not being able to sync my Facebook contacts into my contacts folder. Hasn't worked since day 1, but at least I can put the FB contacts folder on a home screen and get to them that way.