Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
The "official" Fb app for android

chart

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, but... how do I get the official facebook app from the market? I am having the problem with notifications not working on the app that came with the phone. How can I fix this (I read through this post and people just said it randomly started working... this has not happened for me).

TMH478

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Facebook is all that necessary to you, that you had to switch phones? That's quite sad.

I enjoy the FB experience on my Tour (the app still pales in comparison to the iPhone though), but it's nothing that this app/using the Browser can't accomplish.

Well, I know I made it sound like that, but I switched among other reasons as well. It's too bad. I really liked the phone, but it just wasn't for me. Enjoy guys!

gobroncos

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Ya seriously I'm using facebook that came with the phone and it updates but I don't get my notifications!! I get them in the e-mail box forever later and by than I've already checked my facebook. It's annoying on my storm that I hated I got a facebook update INSTANTLY everytime I got anything.

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a hero and had the same problem. Not sure if this will work on the droid, but I went to settings, applications, manage applications, chose the Facebook app and chose force stop. After that it started updating again.

yourbrokenoven

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Having the same issue here. The widget is stuck on november 30th for me and refuses to update. I have googled this over and over and have not been able to find a solution. I cannot find settings for the widget itself, only the app. Anyone have a solution?

yourbrokenoven

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
in fact, it won't even update, manually. I can tap on it, and it launches the full facebook app, and THAT updates just fine, just not the widget on the home screen.

also, I tried the above suggestion, however the facebook app and widget do not show up under "Manage Applications."

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
i'm so dissapointed with the facebook widget. I had my friends status from over a day ago, i just deleted it. They really need to rework the enitre facebook app because it sucks!

dst255

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
The Facebook app is rather disappointing coming from a BlackBerry (I was able to open notifications from my Messages folder, and have the application automatically remove those emails from my gmail inbox.)

Then again, Facebook isn't that important to me, so I can manage.

DroidRage

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else having this problem? The latest status update I am seeing on the Facebook widget is from 6 hours ago. If I go into Facebook, I can clearly see a bunch of status updates between now and 6 hours ago.

I changed my "update interval" from 1 hour, to 30 minutes... but still, 1 hour is a lot less than 6 hours. That still didn't solve the issue anyways.

Has anyone else had this problem and figure it out?

Edit>> I'm actually have a similar problem with the Weather and Flip Clock widget I purchased... it was 11:30am and the clock still said "11:00am" on the widget. Am I missing a setting somewhere that is stopping my widgets from updating?

Edit 2>> Facebook widget just updated on the home screen now... go figure. The second I finally make a post about it. Is it possible I killed whatever needs to run in the background for the widget to update? I did do "KILL selected apps" on EVERYTHING a couple of times with Advanced Task Killer. I'm thinking this might have been my problem. I'm such an Android noob.

Concerning the Weather and Flip Clock widget I have found if you have a task killer that I was having this problem after I killed all my apps, so if you add the widget you your ignore list so it doesn't get killed with the rest of the apps you should be ok, it solved the problem for me.

As for the facebook widget I gave up on getting it to work and just have been going to facebook via the browser and that is working for me.

yourbrokenoven

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I decided to just forget the widget.

Another widget that doesn't seem to be working is the calendar widget. Even though I manually set Christmas day as an event, and a friend's birthday on the 21st, it still shows that I have no upcoming events.

I'm just convinced that most of Droid's widgets are broken. Oh well, they were ugly and used up too much of your space, anyway.

infernl#AC

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I've completely given up on the Facebook apps to be honest and just have links to the mobile site saved in a links folder on my home screen. Works every time, and no wondering when it will start working properly. I tried the native app, as well as Bloo - and they both lived up to Bloo's name (as in, they blew!)

I agree, they need to get the app's bugs worked out. Its not like they haven't had time to address these issues with the other Google phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieallthetime