factory apps battery drain

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got the g7 a few days ago. So far really enjoying the phone. I've been using the mate 10 pro so I knew I was going to take a big step back on battery life. I am using nova launcher and Google messaging app. I can't seem to disable the home app or the default messanging app. It seems to be draining a lot of battery and I'm not sure why. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 543.jpg
    543.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 27

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
I came from the Mate 10 Pro as well, and so far, so good. Battery is n ok t the monster the 10 Pro has, but...
Anyway, in the Play Store download Package Disabler Pro. It will allow you to disable system apps and bloat without root. Works like a charm! I total stripped all the crap out and the device is a champ.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Maybe try without nova and see what happens. I'm getting close to 7 hours of SOT with none of the problems you state. I'm really impressed at the battery.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Mate 10 Pro as well, and so far, so good. Battery is n ok t the monster the 10 Pro has, but...
Anyway, in the Play Store download Package Disabler Pro. It will allow you to disable system apps and bloat without root. Works like a charm! I total stripped all the crap out and the device is a champ.

I'll try that out and see how that works. I haven't had the phone long enough to see how well or bad the battery is for me. It seems adequate so far just seems like apps that you aren't using and can't disable shouldn't be using much of the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts